Sign in to follow this  
upper2bits

Is it possible to reuse the camera but get a better dvr/soft

I purchased the Amcrest 720p system and set it up but after using it for a while I've determined it's basically unusable because the software is so bad. I had something go down yesterday and I wanted to get the video and it took hours to get a 30 minute clip. It's horrible. I don't know much about these systems but is there a way to either stream it to a server and just save the video or possibly replace the inside dvr unit with something is has better software?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00R3QLLA2?sa-no-redirect=1&pldnSite=1

These are the cameras: Includes 4 x HD 1.0MP IP66 heavy-duty metal bullet cameras that generate 1280 x 720p video @ 30fps with a 3.6mm lens and wide 75 Degree viewing angle. Widescreen with remote viewing on standard web browsers PC/MAC as well iPhone, iPad and Android devices.

I purchased the Amcrest 720p system and set it up but after using it for a while I've determined it's basically unusable because the software is so bad. I had something go down yesterday and I wanted to get the video and it took hours to get a 30 minute clip. It's horrible. I don't know much about these systems but is there a way to either stream it to a server and just save the video or possibly replace the inside dvr unit with something is has better software?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00R3QLLA2?sa-no-redirect=1&pldnSite=1

These are the cameras: Includes 4 x HD 1.0MP IP66 heavy-duty metal bullet cameras that generate 1280 x 720p video @ 30fps with a 3.6mm lens and wide 75 Degree viewing angle. Widescreen with remote viewing on standard web browsers PC/MAC as well iPhone, iPad and Android devices.

Those cameras are hd over analog using CVI so you should be able to use a dahua DVR...though the interface would be similar to your current system because its made by dahua...so either learn to use it or see if you can use the dvr with dahua PSS and record to pc..you will not be able to use the cameras with any other system that is not CVI..