Sign in to follow this  
acmo

LJD SK-P400 Help

Hi all

Apologies if this is posted in the wrong place.

I don't know much about cctv and was hoping someone could help me out.

I have an LJD True Day & Night SK-P400 camera I bought in a garage sale which i'm rigging up at home.

The wires had been cut but I have managed to get it up and running and i'm feeding to the pc via an "Easy Cap"

I don't seem to be able to find any operating instructions online anywhere for the camera, as far as i'm aware there is much you can do with it like digital zoom etc (dipswitch positions?)

Would be grateful if someone could shed some light on this

Cheers

Hi all

Apologies if this is posted in the wrong place.

I don't know much about cctv and was hoping someone could help me out.

I have an LJD True Day & Night SK-P400 camera I bought in a garage sale which i'm rigging up at home.

The wires had been cut but I have managed to get it up and running and i'm feeding to the pc via an "Easy Cap"

I don't seem to be able to find any operating instructions online anywhere for the camera, as far as i'm aware there is much you can do with it like digital zoom etc (dipswitch positions?)

Would be grateful if someone could shed some light on this

Cheers

There is actually very little you can do with this camera...you will be putting lots of effort into a very low resolution antique..there is no point in having the camera do digital zoom, any vms software can do it...digital zoom on a 400tvl camera is going to look terrible anyway...

what do you intend to use the camera for?

Ok thats fine, Its just for use at home on the farm as there have been a few burglaries locally. I'm still interested in what the dipswitches achieve but unable to find a manual for this 'antique'

The b&w resolution in night vision pretty darn good though!

Ok thats fine, Its just for use at home on the farm as there have been a few burglaries locally. I'm still interested in what the dipswitches achieve but unable to find a manual for this 'antique'

The b&w resolution in night vision pretty darn good though!

Digital zoom is useless...any image can be digitally zoomed in after the fact with the same effect...simply play with the dip switches and see what they do...

For security purposes, you would be MUCH better off with an 85 dollar hikvision ip camera with an sd card in there that records at 3mp high resolution...I would not rely on a cheap usb adapter like that and a low resolution camera.

I am not in the market to buy a cctv camera hence why i'm playing around with what I have.

Hi. Good cameras the p400 it is a Sunkwang camera we still use them with our hybrids

When you take the star screw off on focus lid you will see on the back of the hatch what each dip switch does

Digital zoom ...... Well it is manual set only so no point in setting it there is no controlling it remote from camera .