Sign in to follow this  
chrispy

A few questions from a newbie please

Ok, i've just bought a cheap Floureon CCTV system off eBay as i've been told by the local police that as I live in a rural area it would wise to do so and I have a few questions if I may please about settings. I've noticed the image quality is nothing like in the advertisment (no great surprise there) and anything from a distance seems really soft and almost blurry. The system came with four 700TVL cameras and i've since added 2 1200TVL cameras that appear to be a little better. So what I want to know is are the 1200's a better camera due to the 500 extra TV lines and should it be 'that' noticeable? Also is the D1 setting better selected than the 960H and what's the difference between the two options please? Is there an optimal setting for the lightness/contrast/chroma/hue and sharpness or is it really a case of just messing about with the settings to see which comes out best?

Thanks in advance to anyone kind enough to help a very confused former techie that lost all of his common sense in a serious RTA that smashed his head to pieces.