Sign in to follow this  
johnny_d

New NVR System

Hello all my name is Johnny. I have been tasked to spec out a NVR system for my company and need your expert advise. Also looking to get into the business as well. I have decided to go with an NVR with HD-IP POE setup. I want a 16 port NVR with can record 1080P on all 16 ports, 30fps on all ports, android and apple app and motion detection. What NVR / HD-IP POE 1080P Camera would you recommend that has served you well? What other things should I take into consideration? Also, I was thinking about going with all dome cameras for indoor and outdoor use. What are your thoughts on that?

Hi

what people will recommend will probably come down to personal choice or preference, however there are things you will need to look for like recording capabilities, bandwidth capabilities, after sales support and user friendliness.

I would recommended the DAHUA DH-NVR4216 with a separate POE switch like a TP-Link or Planet, here is a link to the spec: http://www.dahuasecurity.com/products/nvr4204420842164232-638.html . for me this little unit is well priced and packs a really impressive punch with its capabilities, Max 200Mbps incoming bandwidth and Up to 5Mp resolution preview&playback, I have personally tested this unit with 16X 3MP DAHUA Ip cams running at 15 FPS with 6144KB/S bit rate no issues, I am sure you can run this unit at 25 FPS by dropping the bit rate to 4096KB/S, I would recommended also using the same brand IP cams as your NVR,as they will just work allot better together,domes or bullets just come down to personal choice, I usually go domes indoor, bullets outdoor.

regards