shdes

moving color banding artifacts in low light

I have this 1080p pinhole camera with ultra low lux sensor.. when lights are very low.. I'm getting moving color banding artifacts (like in the following picture where you can see horizontal color line banding.. it's very dark area really). What is the exact terms for it.. is it normal?

274117_1.jpg

No, it is not normal, if the enviroment is too dark, the picture will be total black and white, there should not be some color band.

I think I know exactly which camera that is based on the time stamp and bottom left corner naming of the camera. Mine is doing the same exact thing, I got mine about 5 days ago and while testing it, it had the same lines just like yours. I assumed it was because of the wifi reception was bad even though the camera is like 7 feet from the router line of sight. I'd be curious the fix also

As mine is a 1080p wifi "spy cam" with micro sd card slot and a little wifi antenna.

No, it is not normal, if the enviroment is too dark, the picture will be total black and white, there should not be some color band.

CEO of http://www.nasasafe.com

Actually its very normal, many cameras do this when the lighting is not adequate..including the popular 3mp hikvisions.

I'm actually testing mine right now looking at the blue sky and it isn't doing the lines like it did the other day in the house. I guess it is related to the lighting.

Beautiful blue sky with clouds today!