Sign in to follow this  
PacificRim

Four Channel DVR Question. Help Please

Hello, so my uncle was asking me regarding his old DVR system he has. His DVR came with a four channel DVR and he was asking me is there way to add addition channels?

Personally I have never used security camera so i am not aware of different method, if there any.

My question is this can i get Splitter and attach it to one of the channel to create addition channel inputs? He already has addition cameras.

Also my second question was this. Is there a separate hardware that connect to your Pc. So you can plug all the camera to that one hardware and have it send output to a desktop.

Hi

Do you have a standalone DVR or PC based?, PC based you could add another DVR card, standalone you will need to get a bigger channel DVR, you could get a quad processor (a device that can take upto 8 cams and split them onto 1 monitor) then you could put multiple cams on 1 channel on the dvr , but this is not recommended, rather go out and get a descent 8 CH DVR which can be networked so you can use the CMS software to view it on the PC