Sign in to follow this  
Blindasabat

Hikvision - Image forensics

Greetings,

This forum and NCC were invaluable for this old boy setting up some Hikvision DS-2CD2132F-IS cameras. They are doing a sterling job at providing full coverage of all points of entry on my place. You walk or drive in and I have you on my recorded clearly on 4 points of back up.

TLDR: Over fifteen incidents in 6 weeks and this little MF is the chief POI. Edit: the license number is the white text on black front mudguard of the motor bike.

apologies for the artifacts of double imaging in that frame but I think it adds to the value

He is on the very periphery of of my cameras. Since the CCTV signs were installed he turns his head as he rides by where he thinks the cameras see him. These are not local **** analogue cameras and catch him ~10meters before he thinks they do.

My elderly neighbor had a creep sneak in while asleep on at least 8 occasions and rob him before I changed the locks for the old boy. That night I caught someone trying to break into my place we came face to face and I am not someone to be messed with. I am stupid because those cameras were still in their boxes 3 months after I bought them (needless to say they were installed less than 10 hours after my 5am face to face wake up call).

We are now over 15 times of attempts/intrusions. We have had the local Detectives out on a half dozen occasions and on one occasions a Detective Inspector came 45 minutes to visit as the intruder has started getting physical.

I am in the third world and local attitude is you don't like it, piss off. My neighbors are mainly single ladies in late sixties and early 70s. They want to die naturally where they live and not at the hands of a local sneak thief.

Would love to put IPTV in for them but it is cost prohibitive and last time I helped a neighbor tighten their security I caught a little bastard trying to break into my place that night.

I am not holding my breath that any image enhancement will be possible from that distance (as definitely not what I am trying to cover with my setup) but would be truly appreciated by 4 pensioners.

The inspector has other captures of this dude but the local detectives claim he is not local but kinda funny how he rides past at least 4 times a day and only started averting his face since the warning signs went up. Removed feeling not proven fact

Cheers.

POI.jpg.48013efefa2ca9426ad8c39c02ae5dd5.jpg

837350376_POI2.jpg.8ae39ec5fa9d84f27d1bf49e5d6fc61f.jpg

Edited by Guest

The images you are posting are not full size...they are tiny...

Thanks for looking mate. These are at the outer reaches of the camera's range. They are crops of the full sized image. I know they are terrible and likely useless but the other 90%+ of the image isn't really relevant.

Happy to provide the full images or video files if it would assist but these images came from the extreme reaches of that camera. It is not somewhere I am actively trying to monitor.

Once the Hikvisions become available on AB again I will add another for that road a likely a couple for behind the neighbours' places. They will whinge about power costs but better to $5 a year in power than be mugged while you sleep.

Thanks again,

Cheers.

Edit: Full Frame 276369_1.jpg

I may have imputed this Person of Interests character. They are merely a person of interest at this stage. However, in the many many years before this person started frequenting this locale, there were ZERO incidences of note. In the 8 weeks they have been present in our community there has been a mini crime wave. A 70 year old man now locks himself inside his house after being assaulted. I have come face to face with and attempted burglar who definitely matches this person of interest appearance.

This person is known to locals in this community and it has been stated he is a "drugs man". However at this point in time they are unwilling to divulge his identity. He is likely known to the head of the local detectives but they want a positive identification so they can question and urine sample him.