Sign in to follow this  
dreamcaster

NVR - XMeye APP and pushmessages

Hi there.

Please let me know if it´s the wrong place I posted.

I have recently bought a NVR with a single camera and using it with XMeye.

I have succeded setting up the NVR and connected the camera - everything works like a charm. There is only one thing I don´t seem to be able ti fix and that´s the PUSH-messages to the XMeye-APP on my android-phone.

I know for sure that the NVR is detecting motion since it tells me by sounds but for some reason I can´t get the XMeye app to send pushmessages to my mobilephone.

Are any of You able to supply me with information regarding this issue? It´s all set up at the NVR side AND push-messages IS activated on the phone. Is any portforwarding necessary for this to work? My guess was that the XMeye would handle this without portforwarding.

On the NVR under network there is a defaultport called mediaport - (34567 per default). Is this used for this?

Best Regards Benny

Maybe I should say a bit about the setup.

I´m using a NVR with build-in POE and the camera is therefore not connected directly to the network. I do not know if this should have any affects in the motiondetection and PUSH-messages.

I consulted the customer service of company who develops xmeye. Their answer is that the push function on app is not functioning at present.