Sign in to follow this  
Figo_rulz11

Advice for my store - Which system to go for?

Hi all,

I will be needing a brand new install for my store 6-8 cameras in total.

I was looking at this system i saw in Costco, what do you all think?

http://www.costco.co.uk/view/product/uk_catalog/cos_10,cos_10.7,cos_1.9.1/189616

Swann DVR8-4400 8 Channel Digital Video Recorder + 8 x Pro-A850 Cameras

I will be getting someone to professional fit this as well.

I am in the UK so it's proving hard to find a decent system I can go see myself, is this definitely a true 720p HD camera and recording/visibility on the tv screens?

If anyone has any other options please advise? my budget is around £800-900 for the 6-8 cameras + the DVR/NVR.

I would ideally like IP cameras and a NVR as i've read they are much better in terms of camera quality and easier to install? I will have 50mpbs download speed and 5-6mps upload speed if you needed this info and if it's enough speed? I will be needing 3 cameras outside with 3 cameras inside so night vision is also important to me around 25/30ft away without zoom.

I require flexibility to have two tv screens showing all cameras, one in the store and one at home(next door to each other). And also to check on my android phone while i'm out. I heard with a NVR I can use my chromecast on the second screen to view all 8 screens is that correct?

Thanks for all your help in advance

My advice is the same as when you take your car to the mechanic. You don't take your car parts to the garage and have the mechanic install them do you? Trust the pros and let them serve your needs, it will be worth the $$$. Let that same pro or team of pros provide you with quality hardware. They will be willing to support it and they will be FAR more knowledgeable on your system when you need help with something. That Costco stuff is just not going to provide you with quality evidence when the time comes. Shop around for different security companies if you must, but trust the pros and let them do what they get paid to do.

Also... this is the most important part....

Know what you want to see and what you don't. Be SMART about camera placement and focus on areas where loss prevention or true security are needed. Too many folks just plaster their business with cameras and never fully utilize half of their gear. If you can see what you need with 6 cameras, why pay for 8? Ask the pros what viewing angles they can provide, or if they can bring in a demo camera (or two) so you can see what you can and cannot see from each location. A strong plan will save you time, money and frustration.

HI all,

ok so I came upon Costco's website and managed to find this hot deal it comes with 5 years warranty too!

http://www.swann.com/uk/sonvk-872858

This time it's an NVR and 1080p recording, Costco also offer an authorised swann fitter as well for a good price so It's ideal to get everything from one place!

High Definition 1080p Full HD Resolution

Network Power Over Ethernet

8 Channels View & Record Includes 8 Cameras

Pre-installed 2TB Hard Drive

1080p Full HD Camera Resolution 100ft / 30m Night Vision

What do you all think?