AgentJ0sh

Dahua NVR Voice Prompts

I have been using Dahua for years now, under various suppliers. On my last firmware upgrade I noticed you can trigger a voice prompt on a few triggers (Motion, Video Loss, etc)

I have tried .wav and .mp3 both fail, does anyone know the file type or filename needed to make this work?

Thanks

276587_1.jpg

276587_2.jpg

You NVR firmware version & date???

Try audio in PCM format.

Dahua VDP use it!

thanks I will try that now,

Its a NVR 7XXX with build date 2-6-2015

Curious to know if the Wav PCM format worked for the audio file?

it did not work, still looking for an answer here. if any one knows please send me a PM

Curious to know if the Wav PCM format worked for the audio file?

it did not work, still looking for an answer here. if any one knows please send me a PM

Did you have any luck finding out the format?

That format didn't work either , I've written dahua support and IC Realtime asking if they can shed some light on this but no response there either

The triggering option is for create alarm when loss of connection, sense any motion in night time etc; you have to connect external speaker and also you have to activate buzzer and select the option to TO THE OUTPUT there is no need of any format

Yes...this we all get that... We are needing the file type that is used so we can upload a sound file to be triggered when MD, Video loss etc occurs.

Uh..yes, I am aware of the alarm output feature. This thread is not about siren. It is about the NVR having an option for sound file to play on an event.

thank you and +1 for your post.

If someone has used this feature please contribute to the post.

I kinda "made it WORK...", I found out that... if you throw mp3 songs to the voice folder.. the XVR just play them back right away. But... if you record a voice from a microphone and save it as mp3 (or export it as mp3 from several formats) for some reason it does not work... tried with the smart phone, from a mic in the computer, from Wav, from 3gp, from amr, from opus, from acc, from mp4, from mpa, etc etc... It seems to be related to the format and also a bit about the size of the file... I managed to playback a few voice recorded mp3s but just the beginning of the audio file... then the playing back gets interrupted before the end. That's how far as I got so far...

.MP3 file format which worked for my XVR/DVR (Dahua re-branded):

Length: 24 seconds

MPEG-1 layer 3

160 kbps, 926 frames

44100 Hz Joint Stereo

The voice recorded has to be longer than a few seconds (if you have 3 seconds, you will hear only a short noise)

I used an online text to speech converter to create the voice file (I've wrote as text: network disconnected network disconnected network disconnected ..... for more than 10 times => a .wav file which plays more than 10 times "network disconnection")

I used an online .wav to .mp3 converter with the settings of the format mentioned above.

The DVR was able to play this .mp3 file.

I also found that the DVR plays the .mp3 file once even though the error still occurs, the buzzer sounds but the voice is played only once. So if you want 5 minutes of voice then create a 5 minutes voice file. (I tested only 24 seconds)

I attached a .rar file with the .mp3 sample which I've tested.

good luck

speech.rar

On 12/11/2017 at 11:56 PM, diccosmin said:

.MP3 file format which worked for my XVR/DVR (Dahua re-branded):

Length: 24 seconds

MPEG-1 layer 3

160 kbps, 926 frames

44100 Hz Joint Stereo

The voice recorded has to be longer than a few seconds (if you have 3 seconds, you will hear only a short noise)

I used an online text to speech converter to create the voice file (I've wrote as text: network disconnected network disconnected network disconnected ..... for more than 10 times => a .wav file which plays more than 10 times "network disconnection")

I used an online .wav to .mp3 converter with the settings of the format mentioned above.

The DVR was able to play this .mp3 file.

I also found that the DVR plays the .mp3 file once even though the error still occurs, the buzzer sounds but the voice is played only once. So if you want 5 minutes of voice then create a 5 minutes voice file. (I tested only 24 seconds)

I attached a .rar file with the .mp3 sample which I've tested.

good luck

speech.rar

:classic_biggrin: it works well, seems only the format or audio file time issue