Sign in to follow this  
achbrd

Recommendation

I will have multiple groups of Hikvision IP Cameras to total about 150 Cameras. I need an NVR solution the NVR's can all be at one location as I have plenty of bandwidth.

Does anyone have a good NVR they would recommend? I have tested ivms4200 but am not sure if its really meant for something like this?

The number of cameras doesn't really matter. What does is the bit-rate of each camera, multiplied by the the total number.

NVRs are not magic boxes, they have a certain maximum data bit-rate they can handle. If you exceed the bit-rate then the box is going to start dropping data on the floor and you will have corrupt recording streams with randomly missing short timespans.

For large numbers of high megapixel cameras you are probably going to need an "NVR farm" to handle all the streams, and maybe another box to pull data from the NVR farm for data lookup and review.

The number of cameras doesn't really matter. What does is the bit-rate of each camera, multiplied by the the total number.

NVRs are not magic boxes, they have a certain maximum data bit-rate they can handle. If you exceed the bit-rate then the box is going to start dropping data on the floor and you will have corrupt recording streams with randomly missing short timespans.

For large numbers of high megapixel cameras you are probably going to need an "NVR farm" to handle all the streams, and maybe another box to pull data from the NVR farm for data lookup and review.

I was looking at a few camera spec sheets, isn't bit-rate dependent on the format that is being recorded such as H.264 and such?