Sign in to follow this  
TC_Waffles

Need some help picking a camera

Our church is about to hire a company to install security cameras. The primary need for the cameras is to protect the children and infants in the nursery / children wing. We have three quotes, each with a different camera brand.

Honeywell: H2S2P6

Speco: O2DP9

Hikvision: HIK-DS2CD2732FIS

The difference in price isn't much between the three quotes. But i'd like to get input on which is the best for our needs. I've tried searching via google and amazon, but have not had much luck.

I've been installing cams in more churches lately too. Part of it is based upon children/nursery/daycare areas, but the other part of it is simply this day and age. One the the YouTube channels I watch sometimes is Church Security (though they haven't published anything new for like...a year)

The Honeywell and Speco are nice...not bad at all. They give real good 1080P (2 megapixel) image. It'll be as clear as watching NASCAR on your big screen TV.

The Hikvision will also show up just as clear, but with the 3 megapixel image, it has the ability to zoom in a little better when you play something back to better get the person's face or something they might have in their hand.

And while the 3 megapixel Hik's are good (and I've done most of those for 2015, by far), the 4 megapixel Hik's (such as the DS-2CD2142FWD-IS) is even better without being much more in price. Not only the resolution (and zoom in on playback), but also the night vision of these is quite a bit better.

However, given the primary purpose of watching the children...I'm assuming that means daytime, so any of the 3 models you mentioned should do real well. If the 4MP Hik was in the running...I'd say that hands down.