Sign in to follow this  
moeshaker

Wireless Security System 6 or 8 cameras

Hi ,

I am new in this business and i am looking for a wireless system to install to my house.

i have seen products with 4 wireless cameras and i am looking at 6 or more systems with no luck.

How can i obtain a 6 wireless camera system ? can i buy the systems with 4 and purchase the the 2 cameras separately ?

Did anyone install more than 4 wireless systems ? please advice what and where and how can i have 6 or 8 wireless systems from a good brand company with good support ???

I am looking for wireless because i am getting in my home on the 5GHZ network 150 MBS and on the 2.4GHZ network i get 45 MBPS . for the wired i am getting more than 300 MBPS , time Warner internet provider is amazing. I am running Netgear Nighthawk router.

I am looking for system that supports the 5 GHZ broadcast and at the same time get like 6 or 8 wireless cameras ???

I also saw DVRs from some companies with the router embedded in the DVR which is really bad and not recommended. The router or any router from 3-4 years will be slower so i dont see advantage with built in router in DVR.

I am not an expert and need the professionals and experts to give me some advice , i have 3000 SQFT two levels and i hate the cables and wiring and we thing min 6 cameras are needed.

my last choice Is having two systems with 4 cameras each ... not sure if this choice viable or not.

Hi ,

I am new in this business and i am looking for a wireless system to install to my house.

i have seen products with 4 wireless cameras and i am looking at 6 or more systems with no luck.

How can i obtain a 6 wireless camera system ? can i buy the systems with 4 and purchase the the 2 cameras separately ?

Did anyone install more than 4 wireless systems ? please advice what and where and how can i have 6 or 8 wireless systems from a good brand company with good support ???

I am looking for wireless because i am getting in my home on the 5GHZ network 150 MBS and on the 2.4GHZ network i get 45 MBPS . for the wired i am getting more than 300 MBPS , time Warner internet provider is amazing. I am running Netgear Nighthawk router.

I am looking for system that supports the 5 GHZ broadcast and at the same time get like 6 or 8 wireless cameras ???

I also saw DVRs from some companies with the router embedded in the DVR which is really bad and not recommended. The router or any router from 3-4 years will be slower so i dont see advantage with built in router in DVR.

I am not an expert and need the professionals and experts to give me some advice , i have 3000 SQFT two levels and i hate the cables and wiring and we thing min 6 cameras are needed.

my last choice Is having two systems with 4 cameras each ... not sure if this choice viable or not.

You need to run cables for power anyway...hire a professional to run wire in the walls. Wifi will never work right. You will never get good signal with 5ghz, it doesnt penetrate well. You also need to do much more research...there is no such thing as a router built into a dvr..what you may be referring to is an NVR with POE capability.

Boogieman is right. If considering wireless cams, bear in mind that they still need power, and therefore wires. Moreover, wireless is not reliable for outdoor cameras, because the wifi signal is not stable when penetrating walls (If you only have one cam installed OR cams locate near each other then that's OK but actually you need 6 more cams). As for POE, the major drawback associated with it is power concentration. Because of this, it is important to make sure that the right electrical configuration and enough amperage are available to operate the system, which means more troubleshooting you need to tackle with afterwards. Why not select a wired set & forget security system?

Boogieman is right. If considering wireless cams, bear in mind that they still need power, and therefore wires. Moreover, wireless is not reliable for outdoor cameras, because the wifi signal is not stable when penetrating walls (If you only have one cam installed OR cams locate near each other then that's OK but actually you need 6 more cams). As for POE, the major drawback associated with it is power concentration. Because of this, it is important to make sure that the right electrical configuration and enough amperage are available to operate the system, which means more troubleshooting you need to tackle with afterwards. Why not select a wired set & forget security system?

Do you understand what POE is? what is this power concentration drawback? What troubleshooting? This makes zero sense. There is nothing to configure, just plug and play.

I have a strong signal all around my house inside and outside. Reaching the power is not the problem. The problem is the attic and some areas will require us to make damage to the walls to connect the lines. I don't like seeing wires running around on my Brick outside.

We have tested wireless cams and they work perfectly , the question is they are sold at max 4 cams with NVR. and i am looking for 6 or 8 . so did anyone had to purchase extra wireless cams and connect to the NVR ??

I have a strong signal all around my house inside and outside. Reaching the power is not the problem. The problem is the attic and some areas will require us to make damage to the walls to connect the lines. I don't like seeing wires running around on my Brick outside.

We have tested wireless cams and they work perfectly , the question is they are sold at max 4 cams with NVR. and i am looking for 6 or 8 . so did anyone had to purchase extra wireless cams and connect to the NVR ??

you will not see wires running on your brick. You simply need to hire a professional to properly run the ethernet INSIDE the walls. You are asking for trouble with wifi. Do not do it.

you will not see wires running on your brick. You simply need to hire a professional to properly run the ethernet INSIDE the walls. You are asking for trouble with wifi. Do not do it.

I agree. As an engineer and electronics/computer enthusiast who has dealt with various communication systems, wireless always leaves too much variability. I run across too many people who think wireless is ideal no matter what the application, but this is plain wrong. Wireless is only better if having a wire is a total deal-breaker. My paranoid "what-if" mind also tells me that it would be too easy for someone to disrupt communication with a wi-fi jammer if they knew the OP's cameras were wi-fi.

Hard-wired cameras will not let you down. As for wireless......are you a betting kind of person?

Hi. Wifi does not have the problems the old wireless systems have

What make did you try of the wifi ? There are some duel systems out know which allows for both IP and wifi

We tried lorex technologies 4 cameras and we identified the points to get DC power

But we need more cameras and the package we got only provides 4 ch.

we called support and told us we cannot get additional 2 because the box is 4 ch

So we asked to get 8 ch box nvr they said wireless only work with 4ch which I don't understand their reasoning

So we are looking at other options and we found the defender but reviews were horrible ...

So if we get 4 cameras as a package what other options we can do to make it 6 or 8 cameras ???