k3nstyl

Help - Bosch VIP-XD to VIPx2

Hi

I really need help with getting a bosch VIP XD (Decoder) to connect to a VIP X2 (Encoder)

The problem i have seems to be difficult because i am unable to use the ActiveX configuration page from the VIP XD. I am currently using the Bosch configuration Manager (instead) to try to get the connection the work, but i cannot see anywhere, where i am able to specify the source ip (encoder) into the VIP XD.

I can see both units in the Bosch configuration manager. I can also log into each unit from internet explorer but cannot configure due to active X. I have tried multiple computers but cannot get the activeX to run.

try setting internet explorer security to custom and enable the active x components then see if it will instal. It may be java stopping t also- try typing java in the windows run box select java configuration and try and set the ip into a safe /exception list.

maybe also try running internet explorer in compatability mode and add ip address as a safe zone.

I have had the same issue and fiddled with all of the above and got it to go. try googling each of the above for better information.

once active x installed you can set internet explorer security back to your normal level.

Good luck.

Thanks Jazzar,

I was able to get this running by going back to an old windows XP laptop i had. Yes it is the Java that is the problem, to fix i simply ran the latest Java install, then added exceptions for trusted sites etc, then set this zone to low in IE.

They are now working perfectly.

Good result - its a real pain in the a@@e what you have to do to get some stuff to work.

and you need to do the active x thing for each IP address /device - would be great if you could simply apply the controls to a full group instead of individual.

we live and learn.