Sign in to follow this  
DrExpresso

CCTV DVR Stopped working?

I have the Qvis CCTV Avalon DVR however it recently stopped working.

There is still the red power light however no menu's or boot logo appears anymore. Also there should be a green recording light next to the power however that it isn't appearing anymore, the camera's are working because I can see the light from them. So maybe its a problem with the DVR?

I have rebooted the system, checked the cables but still no luck. Any help would be appreciated...

I have the Qvis CCTV Avalon DVR however it recently stopped working.

There is still the red power light however no menu's or boot logo appears anymore. Also there should be a green recording light next to the power however that it isn't appearing anymore, the camera's are working because I can see the light from them. So maybe its a problem with the DVR?

I have rebooted the system, checked the cables but still no luck. Any help would be appreciated...

First thing to test is the hard drive. Its likely dead.

Ok is the hard drive a mechinal or sata or something completely different?

Mechanical and sata are not mutually exclusive. Its certainly mechanical and most likely sata, you need to open it up to see...it would have to be a really old unit to be ide.

Ok thanks for the reply. I will open, change it and post the result. If that isn't the problem anything I should be looking out for further

Ok thanks for the reply. I will open, change it and post the result. If that isn't the problem anything I should be looking out for further

90 percent of the time that is the problem. Otherwise it may be the power supply...

If its something on the board, its not worth fixing...dvr's are cheap...