washa

Hikvision 7104 - Motion Email - Attaching Pictures

I have just had a camera system installed, The NVR is a HikVision 7104 and the cameras are HikVision DS-2CD2312-I. I want to set one of the camera up so that it sends an email on motion with images of the event attached.

If I log directly into the NVR it doesn't have the box that you tick to send attachments. If I use the iVMS-400 software on my PC it is there. I have setup the email details and ticked this box. I receive an email on motion, but there are no attachments with it.

The email is just:

This is an automatically generated e-mail from your NVR.

EVENT TYPE: Motion Detected

EVENT TIME: 2015-12-04,15:03:28

NVR NAME: Network Video Recorder

NVR S/N:

CAMERA NAME(NUM): FRONT DOOR(D1)

Was wondering if anyone can help me with setting this up.

thanks

The NVR does not support it. You might try to set up email sending on the camera.

Thanks. I did log into one of the cameras and set it up there but the test failed - I assume because the camera is connected to the NVR and does not have network access itself?

This is one of the features I specifically asked for when speaking to the sales person so it looks like I've been duped

I have the motion detection and email working but just from the cameras (DS-2CD2532F-IWS) themselves.. which works well for me.

I used "advanced configuration/Basic Event/motion detection", select the area you want to monitor, click "send email".

Also on the "advanced configuration/Network/email(tab), I selected "attached image"

I have the motion detection and email working but just from the cameras (DS-2CD2532F-IWS) themselves.. which works well for me.

Are your cameras connected to POE ports on your NVR? Or your NVR is without POE ports?

The cameras are connected to POE ports on the NVR, I did think of this but I can't get the cameras to access the Internet while connected through the NVR. Does anyone know if there's a way to do this? I still want them to record to the NVR

Are your cameras connected to POE ports on your NVR? Or your NVR is without POE ports?

The cameras are connected to POE ports on the NVR, I did think of this but I can't get the cameras to access the Internet while connected through the NVR. Does anyone know if there's a way to do this? I still want them to record to the NV

Oh, I actually use a POE switch for these, so they have a gateway to the internet as well as adding them to the NVR.

This is why I personally would rather use a POE switch, and not bother with the integrated POE on the NVR.

We've done this recently on a DS-7604NI-SE/P and an DS-7716NI-SP/16. Seems to work ok.

I don't know your NVR, but if it is like the other two hikvision NVR's I've done, you should be able to.

I've used two POE switches to power hikvision/Dahua megapixel cameras:

http://www.amazon.com/TP-LINK-TL-SF1008P-100Mbps-8-Port-802-3af/dp/B003CFATT2

http://www.amazon.com/NETGEAR-ProSAFE-JGS524PE-24-Port-JGS524PE-100NAS/dp/B00GG1ADLS

There are threads on here about POE switches.. my only concern, would be that the POE ports have enough power for the cameras and I'm not sure all work for this use (others may know).

Also, there are threads here that discuss configuring the hikvisions to work off a network switch.

Thanks for the help. I've just borrowed a POE Injector so that I can pout one camera onto a switch to test it out. If that goes ok I'll buy a switch.

old thread - but just in case others have this issue, here is a tip:

The NVR does not have this configuration, you have to set up in the camera, which also means you cannot use POE on the NVR.

In each camera configuration:

Set up your email and test

Set up your events and tick off the email linkage box

Now go to Storage-->Schedule Settings-->Capture Parameters tab : Check the box -Enable Event Triggered Snapshot, and configure the Resolution option.

D