andybear

Can't view Hikvision DS-7200 DVR on local wifi network

Hi there, just bought a Hikvision DS-7200 DVR. I set it up using the mouse, but ideally I'd like to login via a web browser over wifi.

So I entered the IP address of the DVR (as stated in the manual) but it failed to connect.

Do I have to set something up on my wifi router? Like port forwarding? I guess the firewall is blocking it.

I have SKY home broadband wifi router, I'm stuck any help would be gratefully received.

You should be able to ping it or type in the IP address in your web browser. You should be prompted by a login & password dialog window.

You would only have to do port forwarding if you are trying to access it outside of your home router.

Try pinging the IP address. Or go into your router config and see if it sees the device, you should be able to click on it from there.

You should be able to ping it or type in the IP address in your web browser. You should be prompted by a login & password dialog window.

You would only have to do port forwarding if you are trying to access it outside of your home router.

Try pinging the IP address. Or go into your router config and see if it sees the device, you should be able to click on it from there.

Yeah when i type in the IP address in the browser it fails. I just logged into the router and I can't see it as one of the connected devices. So I don't think its connect to the network. Do you think I have to enter the password of the wifi network into the settings on the DRV itself?

Yeah when i type in the IP address in the browser it fails. I just logged into the router and I can't see it as one of the connected devices. So I don't think its connect to the network. Do you think I have to enter the password of the wifi network into the settings on the DRV itself?

You shouldn't have to, I assume your DVR is connected via a wire to your router? I have an NVR and it simply plugs into the router and plugged in devices shouldn't require a password SSID or that stuff.

Maybe DVRs are different in this aspect? Is your DVR supposedly wireless? If it has an Ethernet port, make sure its plugged into your router. Try a different ethernet cable if it currently is plugged in and you cannot see it on your routers config screen.

You likely should see lights on the RJ45 port both on the router and DVR side when they are connected.

Are you using any http port other than "80"? If you are, you have to add your http port after the LAN address. Say, if you are using http port 81, ie; 192.168.1.5:81

When I first got into the business way back when, I was initially told that I didn't have to open ports when on the LAN, when using Internet Explorer's browser, but that's not true. Such as when having multiple DVR's on the same network. Say you have 3 DVR's connected for remote access. Let's say that your IP addresses for the DVR's are:

If you chose the 2nd and 3rd DVR's http ports to be 81 and 82, then:

The first DVR's address could be 192.168.1.5.

The second DVR's address could be 192.168.1.6:81

The third DVR's address could be 192.168.1.7:82

If using a CMS software, that would not be the case and you would ignore the added ports.

You may have already considered this and if you have, then I've been no help.

Hi. I think your problem is you have used the IP address in the manual

You need to go into your dvr settings and go network and look at the IP listed there .... That is the one to use.

Thanks for all the replies so far. So I just logged into the DVR via the mouse, went to Menu > Config > Network > General. The IPV4 Address is 192.0.0.64 which is the same as in the manual.

I try logging into it on my lap top in the house via a browser and it can't connect.

I can log into my router via the lap top in the house and I go to connected devices I can't see any thing that looks like the DVR. So I don't think its connected to my home wifi network.

Do I need to add something to the firewall rules on the router, or should it just connect to the wifi network?

Should I try plugging the DVR into the router via ethernet instead?

Sorry i'm bit out of my depth.

Should I try plugging the DVR into the router via ethernet instead?

That would help, yeah.

Also, if your home network is on a different subnet (like 192.168.1.x) you need to change the config on your DVR.

Yes old idea to connect to your router.

Once you have done that switch both your router and dvr off for a few seconds then switch router on first then your dvr .... Sky router will apply a new IP to your dvr .... 192.168.1.x that is the IP you need for your local view

Stay with Tomcctv on this. You have to initially set your network setting to DHCP, power down, power backup and change DHCP to Static. If you wish, you could then power down and backup again, go to your network menu and make sure that it was saved properly. Use the IP Address as your router access address.

Thanks all for your replies much appreciated, so I connected the DVR via a ethernet cable to my Router. There is a green led light showing next to the ethernet socked i plugged into on the Router, so I assume that is indicating that the connection is active between the DVR and the router.

When I login into the Router via my browser, and go to connected devices, I see 3 cabled devices. I only saw 2 before, so I am assuming the new device is the DVR.

But when i go to Network > General on the DVR, the IP4 address is still showing 192.0.0.64 (the default IP address), its like my Sky Router isn't giving the DVR a new IP address (the Sky Router has a IP address of 192.168.0.1)

I have tried powering down both DVR and Router. Starting Router, then DVR but the 192.0.0.64 isn't updating.

Do I need to do something else for the Router to update the 192.0.0.64?

When I try going to 192.0.0.64 it can't connect.

Assuming your router is set to use DHCP you will have a beginning and ending pool.. Like 192.168.1.0 to 192.168.1.254.

I had a similar issue with one of my cameras, and I had to go in and assign an address in that range for the camera to work.

I know you have a DVR but it might be a similar issue.

Login to your DVR using the mouse/TV - change the IP address to be in your range. Try 192.168.1.100.

Then try to hit it from the browser using your new assigned IP address.

Hi on dvr network settings set everything like this

Then 192.168.0.15 is your dvr local IP

Assuming your router is set to use DHCP you will have a beginning and ending pool.. Like 192.168.1.0 to 192.168.1.254.

I had a similar issue with one of my cameras, and I had to go in and assign an address in that range for the camera to work.

Login to your DVR using the mouse/TV - change the IP address to be in your range. Try 192.168.1.100.

Hmm didn't that work. I had to uncheck DHCP in the Network setting on the DVR to change the IP address, I changed it to 192.168.0.100 then checked the DHCP option again, saved settings, tried going to the IP address on my laptop but failed again said server at that location not responding. I even switched the DVR off again then on, hoping that the updated IP server info would be recognised by the modem, nope.

It currently says this in Network > General settings on the DVR:

NIC type - 10m/100m Self-adaptive

Enable DHCP - checked

IP4 Address - 192.168.0.100

IP4 Subnet mask - 255.255.255.0

IPv4 Default gateway - thats blank

IPV6 address 1 - long number

IPV6 address 2 - long number

IPV6 default gateway - thats blanks

MAC address - long number

MTU - 1500

DNS server - that blank

Alternate server - thats blank

PPPOE - thats not enabled

Hmm didn't that work. I had to uncheck DHCP in the Network setting on the DVR to change the IP address, I changed it to 192.168.0.100 then checked the DHCP option again, saved settings, tried going to the IP address on my laptop but failed again said server at that location not responding. I even switched the DVR off again then on, hoping that the updated IP server info would be recognised by the modem, nope.

Enable DHCP - checked

MTU - 1500

DNS server - that blank

What is the IP address of your ROUTER? Or how about when you login to your router, what are some of the other device IP addresses.

Somehow you need to get the DVR showing up on your router as a device, just like a laptop that you have in the house might have. I had a similar issue with a camera and it had a static IP address of say 192.168.0.2 and my router only allowed ip addresses of 192.168.2.x.

If nothing else, you can reset the NVR to the defaults,, try once more to set it to STATIC and in a range your router is ok with.

If that doesn't work, you might want to call Hikvision tech support

Edited by Guest

Thanks tom, so I now have this:

Enable DHCP - checked

IP4 Address - 192.168.0.15

IPv4 Default gateway - 192.168.0.15

Not sure where the 8.8.8.8 goes though?

Do I need to power down the DVR and power up again now?

Enable DHCP - checked

MTU - 1500

DNS server - that blank

What is the IP address of your ROUTER?

IP address of ROUTER is 192.168.0.1

Enable DHCP - checked

Hi your default gateway needs to be 192.168.0.1

Enable DHCP - checked

Hi your default gateway needs to be 192.168.0.1

Hi tom, so now I have this:

Enable DHCP - checked

IPv4 Default gateway - 192.168.0.1

Still won't connect. Sorry not sure if I am not dong something, but as you can see I have everything there. When I try to go to 192.168.0.15 via the browser on my laptop it fails to open. I powered down the modem and the DVR, restarted the modem, then the DVR and still nothing.

Here are the main network settings on the DVR

It would be nice to see you get this fixed today.

Try turning off the DHCP (uncheck the Enable DHCP checbox on the DVR), reboot... Make sure your DVR is plugged into the router via Ethernet cable.

Login to your router, can you see your device? Double click on it or type it into your browser.

I checked my NVR settings, and If I check the ENABLE DHCP, it greys out all the fields so I cannot assign it an IP address. So with it enabled, your router likely is assigning a different address to it....Or at least that could be the problem...