Sign in to follow this  
jack.agetro

TP-LINK TL-3424P PoE & AVTECH AVH516 + IP CAM

Hi guys, I got some issues regarding my IP Cameras 16 units connected in my PoE switch and to my NVR. I recently encounter problems about my camera's disconnection. What I do is I'll reboot my whole system the PoE Switch and the NVR itself. I'm not sure if it is about overheating or something. My NVR is updated to latest firmware version and got good ventilation while my PoE switch is installed in my data cabinet with not so good ventilation. These issues are just recently. Does anyone encounter similar problems? I'm planning to add cooling fan on my cabinet.

Thanks

My NVR isn't ventilated all that well, my POE is out in the open. I've not had any disconnection issues.

I would recommend you try and isolate it to either the NVR, POE or individual camera.

A) Is it only certain camera(s) that disconnect while the remaining all stay on line? Could be a camera issue.

B) If it is different cameras disconnecting, try just rebooting the NVR. If that fixes them then likely it is an NVR issue.

C) Next time it happens if it isn't A or B, try to just reset the POE- Does that fix it?

My biggest problem is having the camera time and the NVR in-sync. The timezones get mixed up, I think the nVR overrides the camera, but it doesn't overwrite it correctly.. I have 8 cameras and 4 are a different brand than the NVR and they give me troubles, but not disconnecting.

Simple process of elimination

Try power cycling the switch first. then the NVR.

Can you pull any of the cameras up from a desktop/laptop via a browser when this happens?

Is there any type of power protection, surge suppressor etc? We have had some weird issues resolved by surge protectors.

Actually it disconnects different cameras, like for example it disconnects 1 camera then 4 cameras etc. etc. I think the camera is not the problem. I already reset my PoE switch and it made a little change for about a day w/o disconnection and then it disconnect again. So I reboot my PoE switch again and its good again then after that it disconnects again. I already check NVR and try to scan/search the camera, it finds the cameras IP but it doesn't connect back so I just have to reboot also my NVR in order to reconnects it again. It happens just in particular time frame when we don't have operations and the air condition is turned off it happens in the late hot afternoon about 3 hours everyday, that is why I suspect it might be heat issue on my data cabinet where my PoE switch installed, it doesn't have proper ventilation. But actually I just encounter these problems about 2 week now, before that I don't have any issues like that I never change anything before until now. Hmmm.

Hello guys, I added 2 pcs of fan in my PoE switch and a fan in my NVR. It seems that it helps for about a few weeks, but right now I encounter again the same problem and same thing I just rebooted by NVR and PoE switch where my camera is connected.

Any other ideas?

Sorry guys haven't checking in for a while. I actually fix the problem by removing and replacing one of my Access Point device which seems to hang-up and cause problem with one of my switch that is connected to my TL-3424P. I got several switches and access points and it looks like one of my AP is faulty and affecting my network specially the IP camera's connected to the switch.