guidoverduci

Help a noob out with a surveillance setup

Hi!

I've been reading all the info I can find on this site and others and now I'm even more confused on what to do. Analysis paralysis! Can anyone recommend a good setup in the $500 range? I've seen the setups at places like costco, but everyone seems to say go with a IP / POE setup. Is that possible in my price range? I'm just looking for at least 4 cameras with the ability to add a few more.

Neighbor's house was broken into and I think it's about time I invest in some cameras! Thanks!

I'm a noob as well, always wanted a camera setup, but I didn't want to buy something cheap... just to have to upgrade later. Then I came across these TriVision cameras (http://amzn.com/B00Z7B11XM), they are self contained out of the box, but have the ability to join a more structured system in the future.

If you have one, it can record to itself on a microSD card, and you can access it remotely or locally via your wireless network. I currently have three running on my wireless network, with a fourth waiting in my office to get installed.

I just got 1,000 feet of CAT6, so I'm going to hardwire them and power them off a PoE switch. Right now they're all on AC power and connected on wireless, which makes them really easy to expand as funds allow. Once they're all running to one switch, I'm going to buy a NAS for the cameras to download to. Right now they all record internally to microSD cards (64gig), which works great, but they can be a little slow to access over wireless.

My favorite thing about them, is how easy they are to access remotely, I can check on my house from anywhere I have cell service or wifi.

If you want any more information on my setup, just ask. I'm still learning as well.

ps

I bought all my cameras through Snagshout (www.snagshout.com) at a pretty big discount, the site is legit, although 98% of the crap they offer is stuff I would never buy.

Hi. Don't take any notice of Iscrx.

Hi is selling you junk

Um, hello? I am currently using the setup described, and they work great. And I don't sell anything, I'm a consumer, but thanks. Want proof?

Hi. Don't take any notice of Iscrx.

Hi is selling you junk

Um, hello? I am currently using the setup described, and they work great. And I don't sell anything, I'm a consumer, but thanks. Want proof?

Mmmmm lets see ....... Might have something to do with your web link......... You get discount if you leave feed back

Your link is to a spam website it sells bags woman cloths cheap crap IP cameras

Then there is your Amazon link $174 for a junk camera........ Read OPs post he does not want a camera with no support ..... Basically no junk

Mmmmm lets see ....... Might have something to do with your web link......... You get discount if you leave feed back

Your link is to a spam website it sells bags woman cloths cheap crap IP cameras

Then there is your Amazon link $174 for a junk camera........ Read OPs post he does not want a camera with no support ..... Basically no junk

Snagshout isn't a spam site, you can buy products at a discount IF you agree to review it afterwards, good or bad. And the $179 camera was only $49 when I "snagged" it, and then three more. I had an issue getting the cameras setup with a static IP, and the TriVision tech support was very responsive via email. Most of the stuff on Snagshout is junk, but not everything. I snagged a 6' HDMI cord for $.99 the other day.

That one isn't PoE, and has zero reviews... the ones I'm using seem much better. With the TriVision NC-335 I have night vision, PoE or AC power, 1080 HD, audio, internal DVR (microSD), external NAS or FTP support, etc. and you can add cameras one at a time, no need to buy 4-8 cameras at once.

Not saying the Dahua cameras are bad, I haven't used them, just that I've had good experiences with TriVision.

It's not Poe because it's coax CVI and if wanted can go up to 3mp if wanted

Plus is a dahua system and trust me it's a 1000s time better than trivision.

Trivision remote app is poor ..... Only shows 1 cam at a time also has no playback ..... And you can't even mix and match there own cameras if different models

It's not Poe because it's coax CVI and if wanted can go up to 3mp if wanted

Plus is a dahua system and trust me it's a 1000s time better than trivision.

Trivision remote app is poor ..... Only shows 1 cam at a time also has no playback ..... And you can't even mix and match there own cameras if different models

The remote app only lets you view one camera at a time, but the PC program lets you view them simultaneously. Not sure why you would want to see multiple live shots on a mobile device, they'd be too small unless you were using an iPad or something. You absolutely can do remote playback with TriVision, the app lets you view any of the recordings on the SD card.

image.thumb.png.cb4eec17bef2263cb7bfd548143a5888.png

Now I'm leaning towards getting one with 4 cameras for now to save some money, and then buy more later. This one has good reviews-

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16881183059&cm_re=nvr_surveillance_system-_-81-183-059-_-Product

Hi. That is not a bad system ..... Can also work with dahua app and PSS software..

Just take into account there is no hard drive fitted to that unit..... I would have them fit one before ship if that's the unit you are going for.

Now I'm leaning towards getting one with 4 cameras for now to save some money, and then buy more later. This one has good reviews-

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16881183059&cm_re=nvr_surveillance_system-_-81-183-059-_-Product

Hi. That is not a bad system ..... Can also work with dahua app and PSS software..

Just take into account there is no hard drive fitted to that unit..... I would have them fit one before ship if that's the unit you are going for.

Thanks! Just ordered. Subject change... I need a baby monitor.. anybody have any suggestions? It doesn't have to necessarily work with this system. I'll probably just run the ethernet into the babies room and then remove the camera when we travel. So maybe something that has wifi capabilities too. Also read that the IR is bad for baby, so worst case I'll have to tape over it as best I can... or is there something out there that works for what I need???

Thanks! Just ordered. Subject change... I need a baby monitor.. anybody have any suggestions? It doesn't have to necessarily work with this system. I'll probably just run the ethernet into the babies room and then remove the camera when we travel. So maybe something that has wifi capabilities too. Also read that the IR is bad for baby, so worst case I'll have to tape over it as best I can... or is there something out there that works for what I need???

Hi. On the site you linked they also have a small IP camera for $70 that will do for you baby room ...... Also that system will take audio and a mic is around $14

Makes sence to keep it all together so you can also watch baby room on mobile with same app

Does it need to be the same brand? or can any camera plug into that NVR?

Yes it will take others like hikvision and dahua

But it will not take trivision. ... That's not surprising

Just sent to your pm with downloads and info .... Have a play with the PC software

Thanks!! Looking at it all now. I've got a mac.. hopefully that doesn't cause any headaches.

Hi. Mac is ok ..... Look at downloads and you will see software for Mac