deemac

New system for Rural Church

Like many rural churches petty vandalism or even serious arson is an ever present risk. Insurance against these security risks demand more sophisticated risk assessments of a professional standard, but these must be provided by current members of the church with little or no spare cash.

As the Treasurer and responsible for advising the PCC's, I'm hoping for advice from this forum in several areas.

First, a bit of background. The church is remote from the village but two large houses lie within 500 yards. The church has electricity, (many don't) but no telephone connection. The nearest male lives 3 miles away so cannot monitor static devices.

I have purchased in the past, devices called, 'scout cameras'. Although fiddly and difficult to programme from Chinglish instructions, they have proved adequate outside, but after a couple of years have now failed to respond to any inputs whatsoever. Of course, they require attending on a regular basis to replace he batteries and, so far have recorded nothing of any interest, but, I guess, that is the nature of security surveillance. In any case, should we see something awry, of what use is the evidence provided by this sort of camera, even if the PCC were willing to prosecute, which I doubt.

I now see that there are several devices on the market which use wireless technology and transmit to smartphones, but I have no ideas what devices I would need and how would I set them up without a telephone connection.

Has anyone got any ideas and where might I find out how everything is put together and in what order to capture, store and transmit date from a security camera inside the church?

The interior is somewhat dim, but not that too dark.

I can find a spot where most of the activity will be in view at a range of 25 to 30 feet.

Is there any reading matter on this subject that might be understood by a layman who is just a little bit tech-savvy? I want to know a bit about the subject before I seeking professional advice in order that I know a bit more about the subject. I want to be sure that the church is getting value for its outlay.

Thank you.

I'm not aware of any camera's on the market that transmit video directly to a smart phone .

To view any video remotely you will need Internet service at your church or a wireless data

Connection .

Most camera's video footage gets recorded and stored in a dvr which would then be connected to the internet.

Then the dvr manufacturer will have a free app for a smart phone that will allow remote live viewing of the

Camera's as well as access to search and view already recorded video footage .

You can still install a surveillance system in your church that will record and store enough video for at least 7 days

So if something happened after sunday mass and nobody knew until the next sunday ,you could still retrieve footage

Of what happened .unless they steal the dvr.