CBY

HELP Which DVR + (multiple diff.) WiFi Cams? (Help a Noob!)

Hi to all of you.

There are so many different answers but none that I have found one that answers my needs.

I've researched this all over with no real distinctive answer(s).

Looking for:

- NVR/DVR (LAN connected)

- Good storage space (I can upgrade myself)

- HDMI Out

- Quad or better Output

- 2 to 4 analog input

- 8+ WIFI input

- Different types of WIFI cameras (DLink, Panasonic, etc.)

- Good interface (local Lan, Android and iOS)

- Remote access (connecting to my LAN) --- I do NOT want to send to a 3rd party cloud service

What are the GOOD manufacturers of NVR/DVR and host a good group of cameras (Resolution, PTZ, Storage, Playback, etc.)

I could build a home system but... I'm tired of all the maintenance and sourcing parts.

Thanks for future answers!

CBY

NOTE: I am NOT a noobie with IT/LAN/PC/IP/WIFI/NETWORKING.

Go to 123securityproducts.Com and search these 3 tribrid hvr's

1.cvr7

2.cir

3.-8

Can I ask why recommend a tribrid when op does not have any cameras ...... Seems pointless unless he wants 3 different formats may as well save money and go direct to IP

I agree but

Cby said he/she wanted 2-4 analog inputs and 8 ip so I had just checked out those 3

Tribrids and thought one might work out.

It sounds like cby has some analog and ip cams from the first post

Thanks for your replies captainvideo and tomcctv .

What's a tribrid ?

What's hybrid ?

Search returns nothing in the site's search engine...

Just point me in the right direction with company names that :

- Are reputable

- offer good or decent support

- NVR - Record/Playback, etc.

- WIFI CAMS (Different models and Makes)

- Displayed in an HDMI output (quad or bigger)

- Hopefully expandable (RAM, HDD)

I want to put a separate WIFI network in he air just for the CAMs + NVR. I may get 1-2 that will be hardwired (this is not mandatory). There must be a ton of systems but I can't seem to find good systems that mention being open systems supporting different cam manufacturers.

Ideally I would buy a system + cams and add mine on top of this (i.e. NVR 8 channel + 4 Cams (4 input free))

Thanks for any future input.

Regards,

CBY (HE)

If you are starting fresh I would recommend like tomcctv said,and use a single format dvr.

Like either ip, hd-cvi, hd-tvi ,or hd-sdi. But if you are stuck on using multiple product technologies

Then you have to use a hybrid or tribrid .

A hybrid supports 2 formats or product technologies ,generally ip cams and one other format ,

Hd-sdi, hd-tvi, hd-cvi, OR 960h cams .

A tribrid supports 3 formats or product technologies, generally ip cams and 960h cams and one

Other format ,hd-sdi ,or hd-cvi, ,or hd-tvi

These hybrids and Tribrids are generally used when partially upgrading an existing system

like when a customer has Several 960h cams and now wants some hd-megapixel too.

These hybrids and Tribrids generally have robust specs like you want but are more expensive

Than a single format dvr .

As far as reputable brands go , I think most would agree that dahua and hikvision both make

And support quality products .

Often these brands as well as many others rebadge their products to the supply house's brand name

Or are specifically designed for a supply house .the supply house I use has several companies rebadge

Or relabel their product to "cantek" which is sometimes confusing as to which manufacturer is making

The product you are interested in .

Look good at the three products I mentioned .they are cantek .but they are made by dahua and rebadged

OR actually unbadged. They are what dahua dvr's & hvr's look like .they generally don't change the case

when rebadging .do the same for hikvision stuff .take a good look at it .

You have to read and compare specs.that is the only way to be sure you are getting what you need !!!

Start with the specs on the 3 I mentioned and compare from there .

I highly recommend finding a local supply house or two and build a relationship with them .some offer

design services .Familiarize yourself with their products .ask questions .then you can see and touch what

your buying.this will also make returns and warranty issues much easier in the long run .

As far as WiFi camera's go ,there are many more people on this forum that are much more qualified to elaborate! !

I have zero personal experience with them .I have heard that they do not compare to a hard wired camera As far as dependability and vulnerability goes .

I think there is a specific area in this forum that discusses this technology so it may be a good idea to post

Some questions there .

Thanks Captainvideo.

I got the hybrid/tribrid part

So reputable companies to look for/at are:

- hikvision

- dahua

I have no issues comparing specs.

I mainly want WIFI cams (with possible drawbacks). And I will check other places on the forum.

Regards

CBY