sichuan

OUTDOOR IP CAMERA CONNECTIONS

If so, can third party software be used instead with their NVRs and work fully with their systems? Are Hikvision and Dahua NVRs and cameras ONVIF compliant? Is there really any great need for them to be ONVIF compliant? What I'm looking for is software that is easy to use and provides a very good interface.

Avigilon

Impressive website. Does Avigilon market products to individuals with only a home gigabit network? From what I see on the website Avigilon products are way out of my league, financially speaking.

Impressive website. Does Avigilon market products to individuals with only a home gigabit network? From what I see on the website Avigilon products are way out of my league, financially speaking.

Avigilon soft plus HIK cameras unbeatable combo:)

"You will not see any discernible difference in video quality with h.265. Dont let the manufactures mumbo jumbo fool you. Bandwidth is a non issue, just use a gigabit network, you will never saturate it for your install."

I certainly understand what you're saying about the bandwidth associated with a home network but I've seen several examples of the difference in video claity and H.265 is without a doubt better. I'm already using a gigabit network.

This is news to me... Do you have any links to the examples of h.265 clips?

Right now advanced H.264 compressions from Axis and Hikvision showing better compression then h.265.

"You will not see any discernible difference in video quality with h.265. Dont let the manufactures mumbo jumbo fool you. Bandwidth is a non issue, just use a gigabit network, you will never saturate it for your install."

I certainly understand what you're saying about the bandwidth associated with a home network but I've seen several examples of the difference in video claity and H.265 is without a doubt better. I'm already using a gigabit network.

This is news to me... Do you have any links to the examples of h.265 clips?

Right now advanced H.264 compressions from Axis and Hikvision showing better compression then h.265.

Good point. Likely those websites are purposely recording the h.264 at a lower bitrate to skew the results.