salvanost

Please help me configurating Hikvision turbohd 7208

i just realize the default setting of my hikvision really bad

the framerate too low, sometime the playback stuttering

and the quality of the captured bad too, even without zoom would show some pixelated face

please help me to configurating the setting so the playback would be better quality

here the spec

DVR 8 channel hikvision turbo hd 7208

camera DS-2CE56C2T

here the old setting

287224_1.jpg

here some example of pixelated face

287224_2.jpg

287224_3.jpg

i tried this setting today

gonna wait the result for a few days

is this setting good enough?

please correct me if i'm wrong

thanks

287225_1.jpg

Keep in mind you can configure the "main stream" for "continuous", "event" and "alarm".

Unless you are recording continuous, make sure you also change the settings on event/alarm, because the continuous settings will have no effect on recordings triggered by motion detection.

And use 25fps if your unit supports it, why use 20fps? Also, unless you DO have microphone on the unit, change it back from "video&audio" to just "video".

Keep in mind you can configure the "main stream" for "continuous", "event" and "alarm".

Unless you are recording continuous, make sure you also change the settings on event/alarm, because the continuous settings will have no effect on recordings triggered by motion detection.

And use 25fps if your unit supports it, why use 20fps? Also, unless you DO have microphone on the unit, change it back from "video&audio" to just "video".

to reduce the filesize

20fps looks good enough

btw i checked the playback just now, better than the default setting but still not good enough

the stutter reduced by 80% but the pixelated face still there

increase the bitrate to 4096 and resolution to 1080p

if not good enough dunno what to do...

Shows us a full resolution screenshot. If it is not good enough for you, well, you can only make the switch from 1280x720 to 1920x1080 if you want better resolution.

The camera is 720p so 1080p setting won't help .also ,your camera has a fixed focal length so there is no regular zoom .only digital zoom .digital zoom inherently causes pixelation and the more you zoom ,the worse it gets .

Generally , you cannot make up for a bad lens choice with digital zoom .make sure the digital zoom is all the way out or off meaning the picture is as wide as possible .

In both of your screenshots the actual bitrate is lower than the recommended bitrate so Let the dvr control the bit rate by setting it to auto .

Also check the video display output and makes sure its at the highest setting your monitor will accept .

update:

no significan quality from 1080p back to 720p

reduce the data size with reducing the frame rate from 25 to 12 no noticeable problem from playback

seriously, i like china AHD cctv brand than hikvision...

Yesterday i installed 4 non hikvision 1080p motorized varifocal tvi camera

on a hikvision 7308 dvr and 1 camera image was pixelated like yours is .

I searched through the on screen camera settings and found the zoom

Setting was turned almost halfway up .I lowered it all the way down and

The image was perfect .I don't know why 1 of the 4 camera's had the zoom

Setting different from the others .

Also on the 7308(not sure on 7208) there is a setting somewhere for the specific channel your viewing,"clear ,fluent ,balanced & full .try clear