Sign in to follow this  
Liam23

Focus on mega pixel camera

Hi...I'm hoping I'm in the right area for this prob..I have a CCTV system running Geovision GV800...all my cameras are analogue but recently I put in an 1.3 mega pixel GV-CB 120 geovision ip camera and it works fine except that when I am on multi screen view it goes out of focus..if I put it on single view it is out of focus for a moment then corrects itself but on multi screen view it stays out of focus. My recorder is quad core with 2gb of RAM so I don't think thats the problem. I wonder is there a fault with the camera..the guy who installed it claims it does that to save cpu power...dont know if thats right. Any help please.

The camera has dual streams. A low res stream while the camera is in tile view and full res when it's full screen. It is still recording in full res.

This is a feature to conserve bandwidth and can probably be turned off.

This if you had 16 5MP cameras on one screen what the bandwidth would be.

After reading your reply I discovered a way of increasing the res on the second stream (tile view) and that has resolved the prob...thank you for your help..one other thing, there is a setting on the camera to adjust the shutter speed...it's reasonably ok on "Auto" but much better for movement on "Auto (High Shutter Speed)...problem is when I put it on this setting I am getting interference on the picture.similar to the kind of interference you would get with a bad connection (lines across the screen..that kind of thing). I wonder is there any way around this please.