sylkie

How to view 16 different channels over multiple monitors?

Hi guys,

I searched around and found topics similar to this, but not exactly my situation. I have 16 locations in an office that need cams and I would strongly prefer to put them on a good old analog 16ch DVR (looking at dahua at the moment, unless someone has a better recommendation) but here's the main issue: the client needs to view 4 different sets of 4 channel views on 4 monitors. I.e.- channels 1-4 on 1st monitor, channels 5-8 on monitor 2, channels 9-12 on monitor 3, channels 13-16 on monitor 4. Is this even possible? The equipment to be used is:

-16ch DVR with remote viewing capability

-4 sanyo monitors

-1 computer (tbd)

-16 (possibly hikvision) bullet cams

thanks in advance!

I cant comment on how to set up 4 monitors, but Im trying to sell a Geovision 16 channel DVR card (1480b) and 8 Bosch analog cameras (VDC 260V04). Would make you a nice deal if you are interested. I'd even through in the power supply. Geovision has excellent support, so Im sure they could guide you on how to get your monitors set up.

purchase 4 quad units, loop the signals through the quads to the dvr, from each quad unit you will have 4 pictures 1 to each monitor.

Hi guys,

I searched around and found topics similar to this, but not exactly my situation. I have 16 locations in an office that need cams and I would strongly prefer to put them on a good old analog 16ch DVR (looking at dahua at the moment, unless someone has a better recommendation) but here's the main issue: the client needs to view 4 different sets of 4 channel views on 4 monitors. I.e.- channels 1-4 on 1st monitor, channels 5-8 on monitor 2, channels 9-12 on monitor 3, channels 13-16 on monitor 4. Is this even possible? The equipment to be used is:

-4 sanyo monitors

-1 computer (tbd)

thanks in advance!

Hi. It will be easier if you installed a IP system and not analog

You can then run network signal direct to any tv

I cant comment on how to set up 4 monitors, but Im trying to sell a Geovision 16 channel DVR card (1480b) and 8 Bosch analog cameras (VDC 260V04). Would make you a nice deal if you are interested. I'd even through in the power supply. Geovision has excellent support, so Im sure they could guide you on how to get your monitors set up.

Thanks, but i think we will initially need a standalone DVR or NVR

purchase 4 quad units, loop the signals through the quads to the dvr, from each quad unit you will have 4 pictures 1 to each monitor.

i like the sound of this, what's a quad unit though?

Hi guys,

-4 sanyo monitors

-1 computer (tbd)

thanks in advance!

Hi. It will be easier if you installed a IP system and not analog

You can then run network signal direct to any tv

I had a feeling someone was gonna say that i have very limited experience with IP stuff, so I was hoping to do analog. but i am open to becoming more proficient with it!

Do they still sell quad ?

Very hard to find and quite expensive nowadays.

It'll be cheaper just to use a cheap 4 channels DVR without HDD installed for this purpose.

Since if you are already using 4 channels DVR to split the display, why not , instead of using a 16 channels DVR, why not use 4 x 4 Channels DVR ?

Most better DVR allows you to integrated the 16 channels virtually when you remote view. So it doesn't really matters.

In terms of redundancy, you now have 4 separate system. Any failure will only means 4 cameras not working instead of all 16.

There are some DVR that allows for multiple display output for your case. But in terms of cost, they would be much more expensive as they are in different range of equipment.