Sign in to follow this  
mchlpeel

Recording at a higher resolution than i can actually view

ok,

Can someone explain to me why i should set my camera to record at 2688x1520.

When viewing through my TV the NVR only gives me a max resolution of 1920 x 1080p for viewing the camera. The TV doesnt like this even though its a full 1080P tv. I have it set at 1600 x 1200 to make it look normal.

So im only viewing at around 2MP and recording at 4MP, what is the point?

ok,

When viewing through my TV the NVR only gives me a max resolution of 1920 x 1080p for viewing the camera. The TV doesnt like this even though its a full 1080P tv. I have it set at 1600 x 1200 to make it look normal.

The Point!

simple

it's about zoom in inside pic and get more details

ok,

Simply to charge more dollars.... That's all business.

You have to weigh " a bit more pixels of a object" or "probable less frame rate"

against your dollar.

4MP is newer than 3MP, which is newer than 2MP (full HD).

Most people usually believe that the quality should be better in a newer product.

But Mostly Not.

And most people do not know the image sensor of 10 MP can be used for 8MP/6MP/5MP/4MP/3MP/2MP, even 1 MP(720P) cameras. In this case, the night (low lighted) performance of 720P is a lot better than that of 10MP.

If you never plan to use the digital zoom features of your camera then you are correct, if you plan to use zoom of any kind you will need as much resolution as you can get.

My,

What am I going to do with all these customers that bought 7k (7360 X 4128) cameras when they read this? " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" />

So I guess that means if your going to put 4 cameras on the screen they can only be 960 x 540.....