marine73

Line drawing on a CCTV image

I work at a float glass (flat glass) plant and we monitor the glass ribbon as it moves over a bed of liquid tin. Monitoring is done with 10 CCTV cameras. We currently use old glass CRT monitors because the operators like to draw a line on the face on the screen with a grease pencil or china marker, to indicate the edge of the ribbon. We would like to change over to LED flat screens but obviously these normally cannot be written on. Does anyone know if there is a way to "paint" on the image (basically we just want to draw straight lines) with some kind of software program?

The system is old, made by Pronor of Belgium, so I'm sure we would have to do some other hardware upgrades besides just the monitors. Thanks

Some LED monitor comes with a hard glass surface. I am pretty sure you can still draw on it.

Otherwise, just stick a piece of plastic or glass or laminate the screen of the monitor with those monitor filter and just draw on it.

Thanks for the reply, Daryl. Glass screen monitors is probably where we will end up.

Hi. Before you go changing all your CRT monitors I would surgest you only change one at the moment .. Flat screen has got better the last few years but cheap monitors will not give you the images of your CRT.

We use hannspree monitors and they are glass front and if needed it's touch screen.

I would call hannspree and ask to do sale or return (which they do) and try one and see if the quality is good for you.