wgovideo

Video Text Overlay

Looking to add video text overlay to a Ruby2 POS with Site Commander. Video system(s) is analog with multiple name brand DVR's (Hikvision, Speco, Honeywell ect..) I have integrated text overlay on other POS's Like Wayne Plus and Nucleus, But not the Ruby2 with Site commander. I'm looking for a text insertion unit that has a lot of customizable features for layout and screen format. I'm currently Eyeing up a VRX product (VR2004) but it seems pretty vanilla. Unfortunately we are stuck with the current analog cameras and DVR's. So I'm looking to get the best Overlay setup I can (Searchable Database would be nice) but not mandatory.

Help, suggestions, Looking for someone whos been down this path. If you do have answers, please don't forget to tell me where to get the equipment.

Please and Thank you

United States

Update to my own post: I am in talks with www.vrxinc.com . They have a Text Inserter (model VR2004) that will work with the Ruby 2 w/commander. Apparently it's been recently updated and revamped to work better with the Ruby 2. But it still seems pretty blah.. Furthermore, One of our petro service guys turn me on to a petro help forum at www.pei.org There I was able to find all the com port information and settings for the Ruby 2 w/commander. Com 5, 9600b 8/n/1 ect.

I'm making progress, but I'm still looking for a better text overlay unit with more customizable feature and possible database. I need a (next level) text overlay unit. so my first post still stands.

Hi. We do a lot of text overlay.

AVE. are one of the best and there support is very good . If you need report and search then VSI- PRO MAX. Will do what you need and it is plug and play if you also order the lead kit with them for which ever POS system you want to install it too

Unless I'm missing something, the VSI- PRO MAX is simply a 5 channel unit. I'm not seeing any info on reporting an database functions.

I need to outfit 6 locations (C-stores) with 2 POS's per location (Ruby2 w/commander). I am stuck with the current video systems, which are 16 channel DVRs and 16 analog cameras per location. All the research I've done with regards to searchable databases leads me to companies the sell Integrated DVR's w/ databases (ex: www.ilinkpro.com). Soooo...

I'm thinking, if I can find a 1 or 2 channel DVR PC card with integrated text overlay and database, I can slap together a $300 pc for each location and loop the 2 POS's through the PC DVR cards back into the existing video system. This would give me the functions of a searchable database with video quarry, and at the same time, not have to update the current video systems. If I have to update, I'm stuck running new CAT5 lines for IP Cameras and DVR.. 6 locations X 16 cams per location = 96 new lines (Ugh!! there goes my summer!) Really want to avoid that... Furthermore the cost of the Integrated DVR databases is ridicules! Last quote was $8K per unit, So that's not a viable option. I'm stuck cobbling something together and I'm thinking the DVR cards with text, database and a dedicated PC looped back into the current video system is my best option.

Am I crazy? or am I on the right path.. I really want peoples opinion on my idea.

also, any suggestions on a DVR PC card that will fit my needs?

Hi. The link you posted is AVER equipment .... Which has a database

VSI-PRO MAX. IS also able to send to PC for database

Update to my own post: I am in talks with www.vrxinc.com . They have a Text Inserter (model VR2004) that will work with the Ruby 2 w/commander. Apparently it's been recently updated and revamped to work better with the Ruby 2. But it still seems pretty blah.. Furthermore, One of our petro service guys turn me on to a petro help forum at www.pei.org There I was able to find all the com port information and settings for the Ruby 2 w/commander. Com 5, 9600b 8/n/1 ect.

I'm making progress, but I'm still looking for a better text overlay unit with more customizable feature and possible database. I need a (next level) text overlay unit. so my first post still stands.

1164123789_iTIVO-HD(2)forFB.thumb.JPG.29daf8e09b1d5af550c92edd8dc67210.JPG