Sign in to follow this  
Bort

System recommendation

I have a small showroom that I want to add some cameras (around 12). I have had a very difficult time finding a descent system with some basic features I need. Requirements are:

Need an NVR with 16 ports and up to 16 PoE indoor cameras. Need to provide access to video feeds on our private web site LAN. So need a way to just get the raw streams from each camera, without the software frills these system usually come with, and embed them into a web page I designed on our Intranet. I do not want to use the software that comes with these units except for configuration. For viewing I want the raw video streams so I can do what I want with them using my own distribution and authentication scheme.

If that's not possible then is there a system that can periodically take snapshots of each camera feed (1 per every few seconds) and puts these images in a NAS directory of my choosing on the LAN. From there I can put them myself on our web page and cycle through them in real time. This would be a lot like a web cam.

I haven't found any systems that can do simple and basic things like this. They have 101 features I don't need minus the basics.

Can anyone recommend something that can do this? Looked at Trendnet, AvertX, Lorex, Q-See, and Swan. None seem to be able to do this. For remote feed access, they all require either installing their software or their own web interface with their authentication scheme.