gsmb

Hikvision system advice

Hi all

I could really do with some advice, I'm looking to but this Hikvision System

http://www.cctvkits.co.uk/hikvision-3mp-1536p-1-2-camera-ip-kit.html

I'm a bit lost, I don't want to end up with a naff system but nor do I need to have an all singing and dancing one either.

What sort of field of view should I expect?

I live in a terraced house so only need to cover the front and back (no side access to cover), night vision is a must but I would also like to add a microphone to the front (abusive neighbour) as well.

So basically what I'm asking is what cameras should I get (dome or the bullet, 4 or 6mm), I believe the NVR is ok without upgrading to the next one they offer and any ideas on installing a microphone and will it pick up sound at the same range (or nearly the same range) as the camera?

Or any suggestions on any other kits that would good, I did look at the cheap ones on Amazon but I'm not sure and Hikvivsion come up somewhere on the web as a decent kit

Thanks all, and as I have no idea, absolutely any advice is very welcome.

Hi. You will need to pic a camera with audio if you want to have sound.

The site you link to starts to get a bit expensive for only two cameras

Do you need audio on both cameras ?

Thanks for the reply

No i just need to cover one camera for sound, I did see separate microphones but didn't know how good they are.

Do you know of another site that would be better value or is it that I should buy everything separately?

It doesn't have to be Hikvision it's just that seems to come up as a good camera.

Oh I should say that i'm in the uk