RoscoeStanley

Good Dealers in GTA area

Hi All

I'm another newbie, looking for a good dealer in the Toronto/Central Ontario area. I have 2 dealers in this area try to sell me equipment that is not suited for the job. Although I'm new I have been doing my research.

What I'm looking for is:

16 Ch NVR (all 16 poe) With good quality and plug and play.

10 Domes around 3mp ( would like 4 of these to be long narrow field of view such as hallways or sidewalks)

This is for a restaurant and down town apartment building. 3 cams in the restaurant, 3 at the rear(driveway), 2 on the corner of the building looking down each sidewalk, and 2 inside at the top of the stairs looking down them in each direction (front and back stairs).

I've already started to run cat6 cable from the camera locations to the NVR location (in one of the apartments)

I don't have very much electronic back ground so I want cameras that don't require very much set up.

I hope I've given enough information, any help would be appreciated.

Roscoe

Look for dealers that offer longer warranties, 'trial' periods on equipment & decent support. Of course that comes art a cost, but should be worth it.

There are so many cameras out there (too many). Find a few models, try those out and see what you think. I only use box cameras with zoom lenses (at least 3x) which I feel give the best quality. You never know what you will need as far as field of view. This way you it can always be changed. Fixed lenses are never optimum.

For you camera, you should specially check if support WDR for the 2 inside at the top of the stairs looking down them in each direction (front and back stairs). It would be better to have WDR for the camera which is against the light.

For camera inside your restaurant, if you want it monitor your checkout counter, you'd better have a 3-4MP box camera.It will give more clear shoot.