Sign in to follow this  
just_having_fun

Event or Continuous Recording ?

Hi,

Forgive me if this topic has already been 'beaten to death'. I have a 6 camera system (HIKVision DS-2CD2032-I and NVR DS7608NI-E2) and was able to configure the cameras to detect 'Intruder Detection' and 'Line Crossing'.

I twiddled with the 'Intruder Detection' and 'Line Crossing' settings but the results I got were not 100% reliable enough to record only on the event. So now I'm recording continuously. Is this a typical experience ? It's not too bad, since I have 6TB of storage which lasts about 20 days but it is difficult to find the events with continuous recording since in playback there is no indication of where events occurred.

Is there a way to show events AND record continuously ?

Brian

I do believe depending on what firmware you have running when you have continuous recording enabled, and set motion detection - when on the playback screen it should show you obviously that there is footage available but also when the event/motion/alarm occurred in a different colour.

If you've setup alarm/motion detection and it isn't highlighting this on the playback screen then chances are you don't have that option - are you using the dvr/monitor and mouse or are you trying to view through web based or application software?

I do believe depending on what firmware you have running when you have continuous recording enabled, and set motion detection - when on the playback screen it should show you obviously that there is footage available but also when the event/motion/alarm occurred in a different colour.

If you've setup alarm/motion detection and it isn't highlighting this on the playback screen then chances are you don't have that option - are you using the dvr/monitor and mouse or are you trying to view through web based or application software?

Thanks for your reply...appreciate it. I tried both iVMS-4200 + laptop and on the NVR (dvr/monitor/mouse). NVR is running latest firmware V3.4.0 Build 151103. Using both setups in playback, I olny see a BLUE timeline, which corresponds to the continuous recording.

Perhaps I have an incorrect setting. Can you please tell me what you used to get both the continuous timeline and the events timeline.

Regards,

BRIAN

You will not be able to see the motion events on the web interface - this is a severe limitation of the hikvision nvr's. You should be seeing them on the NVR direct interface. Check your motion settings and confirm they are active.