Sign in to follow this  
Rudie

New HD Cams with existing DVR

Hi,

I am looking to add to my 5 camera setup. Currently I have 4 white varifocal external cameras with 1 black varifocal external camera. Not sure what make they are but i think they are 700TVL Sony CMOS. I have recording D1 quality at 6fps on each camera.

I am looking to add a couple more cameras but looking at HD cameras. I have a Qvis Zeus DVR. I have read here that i can use the existing shotgun cable if i was to get HD cameras but i am not sure if i need to change my dvr? I assume i would but any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi,

I am looking to add to my 5 camera setup. Currently I have 4 white varifocal external cameras with 1 black varifocal external camera. Not sure what make they are but i think they are 700TVL Sony CMOS. I have recording D1 quality at 6fps on each camera.

I am looking to add a couple more cameras but looking at HD cameras. I have a Qvis Zeus DVR. I have read here that i can use the existing shotgun cable if i was to get HD cameras but i am not sure if i need to change my dvr? I assume i would but any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi . Yes you will have to change your dvr. The qvis Quattro will give you 4 formats analog AHD tvi and IP

Thanks. There doesn't seem to be many qvis Quattro DVRs around. Are they new? I hear that Hikvision do good DVRs - are there any good?

Thanks. There doesn't seem to be many qvis Quattro DVRs around. Are they new? I hear that Hikvision do good DVRs - are there any good?

Hi. Yes the Quattro is new and will run all hikvision cameras

Is Hikvision just as good as qvis?

I would say the qvis is better than hik dvr/ NVR hik cameras are good but as you can see on the forum gray market are not good.

Do you like the qvis software that's on your existing also remote

yeah the current qvis software/interface is great. so i'll prob get the qvis quattro dvr. what HD cams do you recommend?

yeah the current qvis software/interface is great. so i'll prob get the qvis quattro dvr. what HD cams do you recommend?

The Quattro is the same interface so same apps and also dahua PSS

Same again for cameras qvis tvi ....if using your old coax. If you want to go IP then qvis dahua hikvision

I will pm you the manual

The Qvis Quattro 16ch 2tb is about £300, does anyone know how much roughly the equivalent IP dvr is?

The Qvis Quattro 16ch 2tb is about £300, does anyone know how much roughly the equivalent IP dvr is?

Hi that is IP as well as other formats.