kokich

Best DVR and cameras for residential use?

I'm a newbie and been researching for the best DVR/NVR and cameras I can buy but the more I read the more confused I get.

I came to the conclusion that Tribrid DVrs are the best to buy,correct? They are 2 kinds CVI and HVI if I'm not mistaken?

Which one should I go with? And also what are the best cameras to buy? Been thinking about IP but been told they take a lot out of your internet connection/speed?! So maybe HD- tvi or cvi?

Thanks!

I came to the conclusion that Tribrid DVrs are the best to buy,correct? They are 2 kinds CVI and HVI if I'm not mistaken?

Which one should I go with? And also what are the best cameras to buy? Been thinking about IP but been told they take a lot out of your internet connection/speed?! So maybe HD- tvi or cvi?

Thanks!

You've gotten to a correct conclusion. HD-TVI cameras require to be matched to a corresponding HD-TVI DVR.

thank you! So HD Tvi Tribrid DVR with HD-TVI cameras is the way to go then ! Any recommendation on brand or where to purchase from?

Thank again !

thank you! So HD Tvi Tribrid DVR with HD-TVI cameras is the way to go then ! Any recommendation on brand or where to purchase from?

Thank again !

HD-TVI Tribrid would do it, as long as the name means the support of analog cameras, HD-TVI cameras, and HD IP cameras. It might be more expensive than Hybrid that do not cover IP Cameras. You may check out Costco, Sam's, and other major Electronic outlets, etc.

Thanks!

Hi. That is not true at all IP has nothing to do with your internet speed.

If it's IP TVI CVI Analog none of them will effect your internet

The only time any of above units use your internet is when you are away from your home and you want to view your cameras.

If you are installing from new ..(run cables) then there is no reason not to go IP.

If you want to go coax system CVI has better and more options than TVI.

What is your budget ?

You can't go wrong with either an hd-tvi or hd-cvi tribrid hvr.

If you want hd-cvi, then you have to look for dahua .if you want

Hd-tvi then you can go with any manufacturer but hikvision is

Probably the brand to go with .alot of hd-tvi manufacturers sell

Hikvision equipment that has been rebranded with their name on it .

Check out hikvisions ds-7200hqhi or ds-7300hqhi series hvr's.

When it comes to camera's, I would look towards getting varifocal's.

This will eliminate having to choose a proper focal length lens for

Each camera location .it just makes it easier for newbies and diy ers.

Stay away from all in one box systems .they seem like a better deal

but in the long run the are not !!! Here is a link to why I don't recommend

Them . viewtopic.php?f=1&t=51070

Please read my 2 posts in that thread .

Please allow me to add my two cents.

HD-CVI was invented and owned by Dahua. It aimed Monopoly. Therore, you are destined not to have many choices over the selection of the products, in terms of Pricing and Product, letting alone the performance. As a counter action, a Fabless company, Techpoint, invented almost the same wheel, HD-TVI in support of HikVision who should have to compete against Dahua. Though they claim open policy for its technology, the choices of Cameras are rather limited because Techpoint do not put the camera chipsets, yet on the market. The camera makers have to buy the discrete chipset from Techpoint. That means a cost up. The 3rd one arrives under the name of HD-AHD by Nextchip. It dumped and dominated the Chinese market and its export market with a very low priced chipsets for cameras and its receiver chipsets for DVR end. All three mentioned technology is based on the same analog modulation schemes as NTSC -PAL Like. So not much originality or genuiness, in views of Technoloy itself. In order to avoid patent fighting, they are slightly different each other. Not allowing each other's compatibility at all. They do not want to sit on the same table. That's sad to CCTV customers. Finally, please do not expect any kinds of good visual quality for over 3MP pixel. No good because they simply increased number of pixels under physically limited bandwidth of the cable. That's another cheat to CCTV customers. Sad.

please do not expect any kinds of good visual quality for over 3MP pixel. No good because they simply increased number of pixels under physically limited bandwidth of the cable. That's another cheat to CCTV customers. Sad.

Sunnykim .... You talk so much crap ...... Please tell us what you think of the 15mp or the 29mp cameras out there ....... Are they not better image that 3mp

Every one of your posts is PAL/ NTSC or only one chipset.

Chipset has moved on

You are right about the American company techpoint who are the owners of tvi and SDI and licence out there tech to the likes of hik and avtech....... I think they will welcome a phone call from you before they release the 8mp this week...... They might need your chipset info and why above 3mp does not work.

Technology changes every day new chip and sensor tech to cope with better images.

You are right analog is much cheaper (not by much) but it's low image

You need to move forward with technology and maybe your post will not sound so stupid.

please do not expect any kinds of good visual quality for over 3MP pixel. No good because they simply increased number of pixels under physically limited bandwidth of the cable. That's another cheat to CCTV customers. Sad.

Sunnykim .... You talk so much crap ...... Please tell us what you think of the 15mp or the 29mp cameras out there ....... Are they not better image that 3mp

Chipset has moved on

You are right about the American company techpoint who are the owners of tvi and SDI and licence out there tech to the likes of hik and avtech....... I think they will welcome a phone call from you before they release the 8mp this week...... They might need your chipset info and why above 3mp does not work.

Technology changes every day new chip and sensor tech to cope with better images.

You need to move forward with technology and maybe your post will not sound so stupid.

In Chinese, Hard to teach new tricks to an old dog, Poor Chinese Dog who needs to learn English at the same time.

Chipset has moved on

In Chinese, Hard to teach new tricks to an old dog, Poor Chinese Dog who needs to learn English at the same time.

[moderated] Please no insults

In math, more pixels = more image detail, everything else remaining constant. And in my opinion, more image detail = better, everything else remaining constant.

In math, more pixels = more image detail, everything else remaining constant. And in my opinion, more image detail = better, everything else remaining constant.

Being given a new trick, consult with your math teacher, if you do not understand the concept of Frequency. More number of Pixels do not always give you more image detail. Image detail represents high frequency components when mouldated and transmitted over the cable. The high frequency component is getting deteriorated when going through a some distance over a cable. Then starting to lose Syncs which are placed on rather low frequency band. You may have noticed this in all Analog HD system (HD-CVI, HD-TVI, HD-AHD), starting to lose color components that is placed in the high frequency band. To send 1080P over some distance over some quality cable is believed to a quite challenge. How to send 3MP, 4MP, 5MP, 8MP, things? The cheat is simply blurring down details, high frequence, possibly as low as analog camera signal band (NTSC /PAL) after low pass filtering. They know it was OK to send analog camera signal relatively long distance. Who cares as long as visual quality is accepted and the price is much much lower than IP camera's????

Being given a new trick, consult with your math teacher, if you do not understand the concept of Frequency. More number of Pixels do not always give you more image detail. Image detail represents high frequency components when mouldated and transmitted over the cable. The high frequency component is getting deteriorated when going through a some distance over a cable. Then starting to lose Syncs which are placed on rather low frequency band. You may have noticed this in all Analog HD system (HD-CVI, HD-TVI, HD-AHD), starting to lose color components that is placed in the high frequency band. To send 1080P over some distance over some quality cable is believed to a quite challenge. How to send 3MP, 4MP, 5MP, 8MP, things? The cheat is simply blurring down details, high frequence, possibly as low as analog camera signal band (NTSC /PAL) after low pass filtering. They know it was OK to send analog camera signal relatively long distance. Who cares as long as visual quality is accepted and the price is much much lower than IP camera's????

Sunny may be you know

What is effective bandwidth of HD Analog signal?

What is sampling frequency of HD Analog?

Thx

Sunny may be you know

What is effective bandwidth of HD Analog signal?

What is sampling frequency of HD Analog?

Thx

I do not have the number. No worth. It could depend on the quality of the cable and distance for being applied. Last time I told you 3 Mhz. But yours were 4.5 Mhz, I recall. No use to argue about. I would give a try, assuming 8Mhz bandwidth would cheat on customers.

Everybody wishes to have more bandwidth. But destined to be limited physically. God rules. I do not think anyone would try to figure out those numbers. No pennies worth. That's the attitude for those involved. That's why I wrote "who cares as long as visual quality is accepted"

Sunnykim ..... You need to take analog limits out of the maths.

It's clear you don't know the differance between tvi cvi AHD but all can now transmit 2000m and also 8 cameras down one coax cable so that blows your distance out of the water.

Like I keep telling you .... Move away from old technology and learn the new

There is a point of diminishing returns. The best example is the 'scam' of these formerly called 4k, now called UltraHD TV's which SHOULD be called 2160 (keeping consistent using horizontal resolution). If you sit close enough and/or have a large enough screen, there is a slight difference provided you can have actual 2160 material which is rare. 2160 isn't enough now, so now the 'con artists' are now going for 8k. Of course most of these are still LCD tech which are poor for off axis viewing especially if they are edge lit.

Point is, how much resolution do you really need here? is there some contest or is is just ego's?

There is a point of diminishing returns. The best example is the 'scam' of these formerly called 4k, now called UltraHD TV's which SHOULD be called 2160 (keeping consistent using horizontal resolution). If you sit close enough and/or have a large enough screen, there is a slight difference provided you can have actual 2160 material which is rare. 2160 isn't enough now, so now the 'con artists' are now going for 8k. Of course most of these are still LCD tech which are poor for off axis viewing especially if they are edge lit.

Point is, how much resolution do you really need here? is there some contest or is is just ego's?

I don't see this as a Ford vs Chevy thread. Analog clearly has limits, despite maybe costing less. If this was an argument about brands, yes. But technology, no.

Of course there's diminishing returns. But if a person's face is represented by X pixels vs 2X pixels, it seems to me having twice as many pixels will result in a better chance of identifying that person.

But ultimately in my opinion, this is more about SunnyKim's insistence that analog is the best for everything; a clearly ridiculous argument.

The reason I made the Ford vs Chevy comment is what I stated in my previous post. I see this are mostly marketing. A reason to sell new equipment.

I do understand the more pixels the better clarity, but there still are many things that limit the final result. And yes, analog (better known as NTSC) stinks.

In my point of view, for residential use: Stability, Pictures quality and easy operation should be your top consideration. The function option will be depends on your needs.