ekhuewes

Museum CCTV project

Hello everyone,

I'm currently working on securing a museum in terms of CCTV.

Although I have background in eletronics and engineering, this is my first CCTV project.

Since its a big project, I'm not looking for the cheap stuff, I'm looking for the best.

Lets get to the point:

1. NVR multicasting. ( I'm looking for Devtel, ON SSI, JENETEC, MILLSTON products, but I'm open for new ideas )

2. Supports up to 50 cameras.

3. Records 40 days of footage.

4. FHD and MPIXEL cameras. Digital. ( I'm looking for PANASONIC (HD) , AXIS, SONY , MESSOA, SUMSUNG, open for new ideas )

5. IP cameras, TCPIP network. POE based.

Try to be simple in your explanations since i'm kinda new in the CCTV world.

Thanks for the help!

Hello everyone,

I'm currently working on securing a museum in terms of CCTV.

Although I have background in eletronics and engineering, this is my first CCTV project.

Since its a big project, I'm not looking for the cheap stuff, I'm looking for the best.

Lets get to the point:

1. NVR multicasting. ( I'm looking for Devtel, ON SSI, JENETEC, MILLSTON products, but I'm open for new ideas )

2. Supports up to 50 cameras.

3. Records 40 days of footage.

4. FHD and MPIXEL cameras. Digital. ( I'm looking for PANASONIC (HD) , AXIS, SONY , MESSOA, SUMSUNG, open for new ideas )

5. IP cameras, TCPIP network. POE based.

Try to be simple in your explanations since i'm kinda new in the CCTV world.

Thanks for the help!

Start the process by documenting the area that needs to be viewed and the recorded resolution required for each (pixels per metre on target)

This will give you an idea of on number of cameras and the sensor resolution for each.

Consider the environmental and aesthetic issues and this should point you in the direction of static domes/bullet cameras/panoramic's etc.

Also review how the system is to be monitored live as this will indicated if PTZ cameras are required.

The CCTV IP network needs to be designed thinking about power (PoE, UPS and/or generator back-ups etc), network security (point-to-point encryption?) network monitoring, remote access, bulk downloading etc.

Hope this helps

Ilkie

If you want something easy to install and use that is super reliable with great support I recommend Avigilon. Use Avigilon cameras with there VMS for easy to manage solution.

If you are looking to integrate access control and alarms and you want some really cool advanced features Genetec has a great solution. Axis and Bosch work really well with Genetec.

Well, I would recommend Hikvision or Dahua.

Top 2 brands and Video Surveillance provider in the world.

http://www.asmag.com/rankings/security50_rankings.aspx

==> See Rank Posting. Position ranking even better that the mentioned brands.

Don't take any notice of rank position it means nothing at all

I would also recommend avigilon. A museum is a high risk environment and a domestic system is not the answers

But your first people to talk too is the museums insurance company.

Avigilon also gives you options of valuable add on and good support

Well, I would recommend Hikvision or Dahua.

Top 2 brands and Video Surveillance provider in the world.

http://www.asmag.com/rankings/security50_rankings.aspx

==> See Rank Posting. Position ranking even better that the mentioned brands.

Don't forget to mention Hikvision is owned by the Chinese government and has he worst track record for security/hacking.

That also goes for hikvisions ezviz that is not even owned by hikvision it's 3rd party and also government owned