davejuk

Samsung SNV-7080R cant connect to web interface

I attempted to update the firmware on one of my Samsung SNV-7080R cameras but the update failed and now I can't connect to the web interface and there is no video stream coming from the camera.

It powers up, the data light flickers intermittently on the switch and it responds to pings so it is not completely dead!

It is mounted rather high up on the outside of the property so I was wondering if there was anything I could try before I get a ladder and climb up to press the hard reset button? (I assume there is one?)

Thanks. Dave.

I attempted to update the firmware on one of my Samsung SNV-7080R cameras but the update failed and now I can't connect to the web interface and there is no video stream coming from the camera.

It powers up, the data light flickers intermittently on the switch and it responds to pings so it is not completely dead!

It is mounted rather high up on the outside of the property so I was wondering if there was anything I could try before I get a ladder and climb up to press the hard reset button? (I assume there is one?)

Thanks. Dave.

Hi yes there is a reset button ....... Is your camera into a switch or router ?

192.168.1.100 is default IP if you don't have DHCP enabled on router

Thanks for the reply.

The camera is connected to a switch which is in turn connected to a router running a DHCP server, so it should be assigned an IP address. I have an address reserved on the router.

As I said, I can ping it but I can't connect to the web interface. I guess my only option is a hard reset?

Thanks for the reply.

The camera is connected to a switch which is in turn connected to a router running a DHCP server, so it should be assigned an IP address. I have an address reserved on the router.

As I said, I can ping it but I can't connect to the web interface. I guess my only option is a hard reset?

Hi check your pm before you get your ladders out

The ONVIF utility is not showing anything either; I get the no endpoint listening error.

I have climbed up and pressed the reset button (held for 10 seconds) but it's still the same.

How do I know that the reset was successful? The manual says "Press and hold it for about 5

seconds to turn off the system indicator and restart the system" but I don't see any light that could be a "system indicator". I only see the LEDs on the Ethernet port.

I have run the "IP Installer v2.0.1.2" utility that came on one of the little CDs with the camera...

It detects the camera and displays the correct IP and URL. When I double click it, it opens the correct web address but (as above) this doesn't work.

If I try and change any of the settings then it says invalid password

In Samsung Smart Viewer 4.5, I get "A network error occurred" on tests, even though it correctly identifies the camera.