spike1947

Lengh of Cable for CCTV Camera

Hi

I am wanting to set up a couple of Motorola CCTV Camera's to cover some area's around my farm buildings .

Now question 1 , is what is the max length of Ethernet cable I can use to connect them to my broadband Router .

Question 2, can I connect 2/3 cameras (using adapters) to one cable and one Ethernet port! .

Sorry if I have not worded this correctly.

spike

Max length is about 330 feet. You can use one Ethernet cable for multiples cameras, but you will a switch. So cameras will plug into the switch, and one cable between switch and router.

IP camera will need to stay within the 100 meter max distance as well to ensure that POE will work. You may be able to exceed that distance but it would require additional extenders.

Hi. Most systems now have good distance

IP can be done if you buy IP cameras with built in Poe extenders this allows you to daisy chain with just 1 cat5 cable for 4 cameras upto 400m

Cvi and tvi you can run 8 cameras over 1 coax upto 1000m also daisy chain with point to point ( you still need to add power to each camera with cvi or tvi)

Hi. Most systems now have good distance

Cvi and tvi you can run 8 cameras over 1 coax upto 1000m also daisy chain with point to point ( you still need to add power to each camera with cvi or tvi)

Any link for this single coax to 8 CVI/TVI? TIA