skuba

Wireless camera recommendation for outside

Hi,

I have been planning to increase security of my home since there has been an increase in property crime in my city. I am looking at alarm systems and monitoring, but also interested in having a camera over my garage door and another at the front door.

Since my attic space is very narrow, I don't want to to pay electrician to run wires to a recording device. It would be time consuming and get expensive. So I thought wireless cameras would be better. I do have dropcams/nest on my kids rooms and they work very well. But putting 2 more would require me to pay $15 a month for cloud recording. I have looked at Arlo, which has free cloud recording, but those would get triggered by motion all the time and batteries would run out.

I want to be able to record at night, which means they need to sit outside. I am Ok with motion activated if they start recording rather quickly. And I would like an inexpensive solution for storing video for at least a week. Any suggestions?

Thank you so much

To increase security of our home and protect crime in my city. I attach the camera outside our home. Wireless camera would be better in now days

You should look for local retailers around you or online. They offer all kinds of security equipment, from affordable to high quality and cost products from a plethora of manufacturers. You might find the right equipment for your use there.