Sign in to follow this  
boney695

Domestic Camera Advice and Setup Question

Hello all,

First of all, many thanks to all that take the time to advise and help.

I have gone through quite a lot of posts on this forum, but still have some questions.

I would like a domestic CCTV system, I have no wires or anything installed so will be fresh. I need at least 4 cameras.

Following posts on this site, I am heading towards hd-tvi with IP based cameras a second option; please feel free to advise or likewise tell me I am going in the wrong direction.

So the problem is that I will be installing the cameras in my loft / attic as i can use the eaves to run the wires. The problem is that the internet access point / router is two stories below in my living room. I would like to back up my recordings online to a cloud and also have the capability to have remote access. Could I create a good wireless connection between the dvr in the attic to the router 2 floors below?

Thanks again

Is it worth waiting for tvi 3.0 technology? Would this be compatible with 2.0 dvrs? Thanks

Hi. No new tvi is not back comparable

IP and also cvi systems are backward compatible with old and new cameras

Whatever you do run ethernet..and use baluns or run both coax and ethernet. This way you can upgrade to ip cameras later.