Sign in to follow this  
yoojie

Enterprise system with scalability - need recommendations

Hi all,

I am new to the forums and wanted to thank everyone for any help that can be provided.

We are a restaurant group that is looking to grow which means I need a solution that will be scalable across locations which will include multi city with a small team (outsourced installs or at least the options to outsource is needed). We currently have Geovisions across all locations with a mix of DVR capture cards and full on recording servers. Based on the need we would like to be able to have a the options of providing the management team the ability to view their locations via a mobile app or web interface while also from a corporate level obtain access and information to our senior management team and owners. I am happy with Geovison but want to know some other options within that price range if possible or if there is a better setup using the Geovisions systems.

Part 2 - The owners had some recommendations (from friends) who said to look at GENIV (http://www.g4direct.com/) but I have not really heard of them. I am not even sure they are an enterprise product but their prices do seem reasonable. Any further pros and cons would be appreciated. Again I see this not having too many remote installers\vendors and difficult to find the product in a pinch. I have to talk with the local vendor referred by the friend about the GENIV solution further.

Again thanks for your help and any information you can provide.

Hi. With you using geo cards then you are going to have PCs available once cards are removed which will save you money in servers from the start.

I would look at avigilon for your needs. Which means only replacing your analog cameras for IP and using avigilons vms which is free with there cameras and load that onto your existing PCs

So the only cost you would be looking at is cost of cameras at each location.

Multi location monitoring is not a problem with avigilon same with cell and smart device monitoring

Thanks for the reply TOMCCTV - can you elaborate on the PC's part? Do you mean after removing cards there will be a PC to view the video software?

When you say VMS is included - where would the video capture and recordings take place. Was that why you were asking about the PC's? I am not familiar with Avigilon (other than the name) and how it is implemented.

Have you ever heard of GENIV? Still need to present the owners some info on why to or not to go with GENIV.

Hi. With you using geo cards then you are going to have PCs available once cards are removed which will save you money in servers from the start.

I would look at avigilon for your needs. Which means only replacing your analog cameras for IP and using avigilons vms which is free with there cameras and load that onto your existing PCs

So the only cost you would be looking at is cost of cameras at each location.

Multi location monitoring is not a problem with avigilon same with cell and smart device monitoring

Tom, Avigilon soft is not free

You have to buy Lic for each camera

Avigilon's ES cameras might be a good fit as you don't need to have a server onsite for these to work.

Also Genetec has a very nice cloud camera solution where you also don't any servers on site. The Genetec solution is really nice as you don't have to manage any port forwarding or VPNs. To access all your sites you just log into a web page to view all your cameras all over the county.

i have used Avigilon, Genetec, Milestone and NICE (Qognify), as enterprise installations, but i rate Qognifys VMS as the best out of them all, they all have licences per camera, analytics etc they all have the same basic functions but I find the analytic setup and integration with other systems and API's all though in depth is far superior on NICE.

i have used Avigilon, Genetec, Milestone and NICE (Qognify), as enterprise installations, but i rate Qognifys VMS as the best out of them all, they all have licences per camera, analytics etc they all have the same basic functions but I find the analytic setup and integration with other systems and API's all though in depth is far superior on NICE.

What type of customer do you have that is using Qognifys VMS? That is some big bucks for that solution.