Sign in to follow this  
wackywoo105

Very hi-res cctv – poss hikvison IP gear.

I need to upgrade my current cctv install. It will be all new kit (and cable if needs be). I am gradually settling on hikvison but don’t mind alternative suggestions. It will be covering an internal premises consisting of 2 rooms and the rear outside area.

I currently have 4 internal bullet cameras only. I want to have the following:

1 camera in a room around 3.2 x 2.80 in the top corner pointing at a door in the opposite corner.

4 cameras criss-crossing a room around 4.8m wide and 9m long with a reception area around 6m back. 1 camera will be set 6m into this room on a side wall and another 9m back along the back wall. The other 2 will be at the front facing in. The extra internal camera will be near the door facing in and I want it to capture good quality facial images as people leave. The other 3 are to monitor the internal area in general.

The outside needs a camera or cameras to cover 2 fire exits. It will be mounted to the top left of the building. The two doors are directly below and almost level to the right. I don’t know if 1 camera can cover this adequately.

I have seen a demo of hikvision turbo 1080p and the quality compared to my current set up was amazing. I do however want the best quality so am looking at the 4 or even 5mp stuff if it is significantly better. I was directed toward exir dome cameras with 2.8mm lenses internally and a couple of bullet cams external. Are the exir cams ok internally or overkill. Also they will be aimed roughly towards each other so will this interfere at night? I was told only 2.8mm was available on 4mp hikvision domes and due to the high resolution and it didn't matter due to the very high resolution image. I now know this isn't true as I have seen other lenses sizes available. I am not sure why I was told this. Maybe that's all they had in stock. I would like them to cover as wide a field as possible but not if resolution drops off too much. I definitely want to have at least one camera capture a good facial image, possibly as people exit.

What nvr would be recommended? There appear a lot to choose from. I would like POE and I was looking at a 7600 series with a bandwidth of 80mb but am not sure if this is enough. I would like high frame rate and top quality if possible. I may extend the system but only with 1 or 2 extra camera at most. I realize with 6 and potentially 7 cameras just to start with maybe an 8 chanel nvr may not be the best option. I have also noted greater bandwidth for 16 channel. Is this available over all channels e.g. get 160mb split over 8 or is it limited to a certain amount per channel?

I greatly appreciate any help. I am still learning with regards to this.

Hi,

If you want to go with the Hikvision IP EXIR - DS-2CD2342WD-I (they come in 4mm lens as well)

Inside you might think about DS-2CD2142FWD-I.

They should be cheaper and definitely will do the job.

As a NVR possibly go with the latest K version NVR. DS-7608NI-K2/8P

If your budget don’t matter go with DS-7708NI-I4

That 80Mbit shout be enough even for 6 cameras.

Regards,