fq360

help needed networking dahua nvr 4104

hi all

I'm needing some advice with setting up a Dahua NVR 4104 over a 3g internet connection

so here is my issue, I'm wanting to setup my NVR in my private car garage, the garage has no telephone line or broadband present in the building.

I'm wanting to remote view the camera from my home, using remote login (ddns).

now ive setup plenty of Dahua NVR's in the past for people in residential properties, using the DDNS remote login, but obviously the properties had a broadband connection, so my question is this, is it possible to use the NVR over a 3g/4g internet dongle or 3g/4g sim router and if so how and what makes, models and providers are best to use.

are they able to port forward like a traditional router using 37777/37778 etc..

thanks for your help

hi all

I'm needing some advice with setting up a Dahua NVR 4104 over a 3g internet connection

so here is my issue, I'm wanting to setup my NVR in my private car garage, the garage has no telephone line or broadband present in the building.

now ive setup plenty of Dahua NVR's in the past for people in residential properties, using the DDNS remote login, but obviously the properties had a broadband connection, so my question is this, is it possible to use the NVR over a 3g/4g internet dongle or 3g/4g sim router and if so how and what makes, models and providers are best to use.

thanks for your help

Hi friend, would you like to try a 4G ip camera, a latest product launched from Shenzhen DMX Technology

hi all

thanks for your help

You can use most 3g/4g dongle but most telco have 2 ip, 1 is the WAN IP that you can see and another public IP that is normally share. Only way to view if the telco in your country follow this norm is to use the P2P setting built-in on Dahua newer NVR.