Sign in to follow this  
ginger john

connecting 2 dvrs

Hi

Is it possible to connect 2 dvrs together in different rooms and have the cameras connected to one dvr. but be able to use the second dvr for viewing the cameras in other words using one as a keyboard. if yes how is it done i have 2 dvrs that are the same,

Hi

any feedback appreciated..

The way i view my cctv at the moment is i have a 16 camera multiplexer connected with a keyboard. the multiplexer is located outside of my house. because i didn't want all of the cables from 16 cameras coming into the house it's a lot of cables . so i only have 2 cables coming into the house 1 is a RG45 ethernet cable this is the connection to the keyboard the other cable is a vga going to a tv monitor and although i cant get into the settings menu from the keyboard i can access and change the camera sequence this is all i need to do so this work ok for me. this system as been working fantastically but it is now time to replace it. so going back to my original question can i use 2 dvrs in the same way. i don't have this system connected to the internet. its only for home viewing,