rkersh409

HDCVI or PoE

Been reading security camera systems for about two weeks now and still wondering which type to get. First I live in the middle of nowhere and have very limited internet (1mb download at best). Theft has gotten worse in our area and now wanting to install cameras for myself and my parents at their house. I am thinking either HDCVI or PoE? The problem is I don’t know if I need IP cameras or just the HD Analog cameras in our situation. The one man concern I have with HDCVI is the 15fps at 1080p? Does 15fps make the video very choppy? Do you have to have good internet to be able to use a PoE NVR system or does it only run through my router? Is the PoE systems worth the extra cost? Also will I be able to remotely watch my system while I’m away with such slow internet? Please any info on either would be greatly appreciated.

The only two systems I have ran across is Amcrest and Lorex. I like how Amcrest has power and video cable together, so I don’t have to install power at each camera. Does Lorex do this as well? But I like that Lorex has longer night vision range. Looking at a system that is 1080p, 8Ch, with 4 Cams to start with and at least 2TB HDD.

Again any info would be greatly appreciated.

Hi. The main thing to remember having internet has nothing to do with your system besides giving you the option to view from any location and for your system to send you alerts.

Both cvi and IP from lorex are dahua units

Cvi has no delay but you have to run power as well as coax

IP is your best option if you just want plug and play with POE.

Lorex is a good option

You can go to the dahua website and download software and have a play

The only time your internet is used is when you remote into your system to view when away from your home

if you get a dahua cvi dvr, the new ones give you the option to convert 1 or 2 channels to IP, so if you get a 16ch system, you can install up to 14 hd-cvi cameras and add 2 ip cameras if you wish. I'm not sure if the lorex branded dvrs support this feature.

the recording from the cvi units at 15fps is fine, just make sure you get 2mp or better cameras, because the lower ones are only 720p and the picture quality is lacking.

www.dahuasecurity.com research the forum and the different options, and don't worry about the internet speed, like tom said, it only matters for remote viewing.

You don't need to run separate power to CVI cams. They are very much plug and play with a CVI capable DVR. Basically same as POE on IP cameras. I use Cat5 and video baluns at each end. 3 pair to the power side and 1 pair to the video balun.

I have some very good Dahua 2MP CVI cams and It's very hard to tell the difference between them and 2MP IP cams.

The new S3 model Tribrid Dahua DVR's allow you to run a mix of CVI and IP cams as well as full 30fps 1080p on all channels.. The 7208 I have allows me 8 CVI channels and an additional 4 IP channels.

http://www.dahuasecurity.com/en/us/category.php?cid=540

I personally like all IP POE set-ups. If you go with IP you can adjust the remote viewing quality to 720 and change the frames to help with a slow connection. Anytime your remote viewing there may be some lag.

Nothing against IP, I'm running a mix of both CVI and IP. I can set the remote viewing substream at whatever resolution and fps I like and can do it remotely.

CVI has come a long way recently. For about 1/2 the cost of IP cam's you can now run 4MP CVI cam's, Starlight, and IVS features such as tripwire, intrusion, face recognition, etc. all without being an ip network guru IP cam's do have some advantages, but the latest CVI stuff from Dahua isn't your granddads analog anymore