Sign in to follow this  
diamond4100

Building a Security Solution

Hello All,

I have been tasked with building a security cctv solution for a bank. It has been some time since I have done any security camera work. Last time was probably 10 years ago and I worked primarily with Panasonic camera's all BNC connectors at the time. We used Panasonic DVR's also.

The system we currently have is old and failing its just a computer with some video vault software running on it. All the cameras are IP and either dome or fixed. They are of poor quality in my opinion probably not even 720p. When viewing them it seems they might be running at 15fps at best probably lower on recordings.

I would like to move in to at least 1080p HD or maybe even some of the new 4K camera's. I would also like to be able to record a higher frame rate also. We can't have a frame rate that's so low that you can't make out how many bills were handed to someone. I like the look of the new Panasonic cameras but I don't know about the DVR's. They don't seem to have much space for how expensive they are. Can anyone make any recommendations in the direction I should be looking? Maybe I should purchase a server and install some DVR software on it? I think we will have about 15 cameras in total.