Sign in to follow this  
pinball2k

3rd party camera setup on LaView NVR

I purchased an 8 port LaView NVR system with 4 cameras. I have 2 other IP cameras I want to use with the system. They are two different brands but both claim to be ONVIF compliant. I was able to install both of these on my LaView system and can see the image from these cameras just fine. However:

1. I tried to set up a date/time overlay for each camera and it does not display. The LaView acts like it is working and lets me move the text around but when I click OK, no text overlay appears.

2. Although the images from the two cameras look great, they do not record. I have both setup for continuous recording but they don't record at all. The two cameras are from LeadTek and Huacam.

Of course, I called LaView tech support and they gave up after an hour and told me the cameras where not comparable and to call the camera manufacturer. When I asked why the camera images looked fine and yet the overlay did not appear, the said they don't know.

I hope someone can help me get these cameras fully functioning.

Thanks In Advance.

P.S. I was playing around with it today and I noticed something that may be important. When I configure each of the two 3rd party cameras for motion detection, I select the full screen. This puts red checkerboard pattern over the whole image. When I save each of these detection maps, and go back to them, what was a full screen of red checkerboard is now a half screen. The whole bottom half of the screen does not have the red checkerboard pattern. This is the same for both cameras even though they are two different brands.