Sign in to follow this  
Roman.CA

few IP camera pre-upgrade questions

Currently using 4 analog cameras with USB card and laptop software 1200 tvl however i want more resolution and less junk in my house e.g. DVR/dedicated laptop for recording.

Ideally i want DVR less solution i media server computer in my house i want to use for getting the video, but i need some way to also see live stream at max resolution 1080x1920 24fps if possible.

1. How security implemented over wireless cameras can someone hijack my camera signal?2. if i buy non-wireless IP camera i would have to use switch or plug them directly

2. If i use wireless then can simply hook them up to my internet over WiFi and wired i have to use network switch?

3. IP cameras have firmware menu like computer router you access over internet or how you set up ftp upload and other things?

Can someone recommend particular outdoor IP camera on sold on Amazon.com that is CAT5/6 (not digital over coaxial, hate this type of cable) and has at least 2-3megapixel 1920x1080 and has upload video (or image sequence, not a webcam mode) to FTP option price ranger $30-50 USD.

Any other important point i should consider buying IP camera?

Forget about wireless..its not reliable...

forget about a decent camera for 30 dollars...you need to spend at least 80 or so for anything usable.

Start reading and researching.

Not looking to spend $$$ for commercial system need functional upgrade from analog crap i was looking at screens from "JOOAN 703KRA 1 Megapixel 720P" currently $29 on amazon looks way better than what i have in terms of details at this wide angle.

293341_1.jpg

293341_2.jpg

Would i feel real difference in detail level if you pay $50-80 for camera that is 2-3 megapixels?

There's lack of imagery examples for cameras its like shoot in the sky buying one i want to come with some that has either review or at least few video quality samples.

I was thinking Power Over Ethernet however this cameras cost $20-30 more, and other specs are same as ones without PoE.

Do they make Cat-5/6 cable or any with extra 2 pins for running power in same cord vs having cat5 plus dedicated power cord?

Stop being cheap. Its not about the megapixels...that night image is horrible. Camera firmware is also important. You need STABLE firmware. Go buy the 29 dollar camera and you will be right back here with issues.