Sign in to follow this  
cc16tv

No picture from camera on DVR [Floureon]

Hello all, need help from you guys.

I have a Floureon 4 channel CCTV DVR, this is a link to the DVR http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FLOUREON-CCTV-4CH-960H-DVR-Record-900TVL-IR-CUT-Home-Security-Camera-System-Kit-/361029979704?hash=item540f104e38:g:bHMAAOSw~oFXNqp4

I only bought the DVR and I bought the camera separately which is also by Floureon here is the link http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FLOUREON-960P-2000TVL-Night-Vision-Waterproof-Outdoor-IR-CCTV-Security-Camera-/371566614474?hash=item56831897ca:g:s-wAAOSwoBtW2DH9

The problem I'm faced with is I can't get a video picture from the camera on the DVR connected to a 32 inch TV with a HDMI cable.

I have used a cat5 cable, BNC balun and power balun to connect the camera to the DVR. From the four twisted pair of copper wiring I connected one pair to the BNC connectors and the other three pairs I connected to the power balun. The PSU is independently running the single camera.

I can hear the camera make a noise when power is connected, also the red LED lights come on but I get no picture.

Any ideas all? Will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Hi. The problem you have is cameras do not match dvr

Your cameras are AHD and your dvr is only analog.

Your are best changing the dvr not the cameras

Look for a AHD dvr

Thanks so much on the quick reply and cause of the problem. That must be the problem I have since I pretty much tried everything else.

I assumed it was a HD DVR since it had a hdmi port. Oh well back to eBay to find a compatible DVR. Thanks again, you saved me from spending more hours on trying to work out the fault.