lachoradkov

Need help for long distance cctv cameras

I need to put vision on my gate, which is 900ft straight line from my house and has no light except the moon during night.

I don't have power or internet at the gate.

As well I want to put additional 2-3 cameras on different cable lines, placed at different spots around my property and have them all connect to the dvr.

I don't know also how to provide electricity on that distance...shall I have some big electricity adaptor or somethings?

Can you recommend me a set up for that? (good night vision cameras, type of cables I have to use etc).

Thanks in advance

This is a pretty complicated situation. Would you consider having an electrician run power and fiber optic cable to your gate? With power at the gate, then you can put up lights.

What are you trying to accomplish with the cameras? Are you having crime issues?

I want to prevent crime...I havent had burglars, but who knows...

I want 24/7 video monitoring at my property.

Running electricity to there won't be impossible.

My main concerns are for the maximum distance that I can place them away and the type of cables and cameras and dvr I have to buy that support those long distances...

Thanks

Cameras are a wonderful asset for all sorts of reasons. But I'd like to comment on the preventing crime part. I use cameras in my retail store and this is my experience. Cameras record what has already taken place. By the time Im viewing the footage, the merchandise has already been stolen, its gone. I'd say half the time the theif is not identified. Even though we have a great picture of their face, if no one knows who they are, then they got away with it. Handing the police a picture with no name is pretty much useless. And these are incidents that happen during the day with perfect lighting and perfect pictures of faces (camera on door when they exit). A crime happening on your property at night will make identifying the people very difficult. Often times theives cover themselves so completely that you cant even make out what race they are. The other half of the time when we can identify the theif, our merchandise is very rarely recovered. Its already been pawned, sold, traded, used. Ok maybe police charge them with theft. Thats nice but we still lost money.

So my point is that cameras do not deter crime the way steel, locks, doors, gates, barries, etc do. Again, cameras are wonderful for many reasons and Im not telling you to not do cameras, but if crime is your concern, consider upgrading your gate, fence, lighting, etc first. You can spend thousands on cameras and still not capture the suspects. Watch this video that perfectly captures the theives on camera. However, the failure of the store owner was in the barriers to entry, not cameras

The DVR/NVR and camera dont really have anything to do with distance. There are numerous ways to get cameras to work at great distances. A POE IP camera has a max distance of 330 ft. Thats without adding any special devices. To add to that distance, there are repeaters, ethernet over coax, fiber optics. If you had electricity at your gate, that makes things easier. All you have to do is get data back to DVR/NVR not data and power. Also with electricity at your gate, you can add lighting. IR is ok, but nothing beats real lights. With enough light, the camera can stay on color at night rather than going to black and white. A fiber optic cable can then run the data (you have to get a fiber optic to ethernet converter). Basically, you have alot of research ahead of you. Maybe consider hiring a company that doesnt this sort of stuff.

My main concerns are for the maximum distance that I can place them away and the type of cables and cameras and dvr I have to buy that support those long distances...

Thanks

Hi , what kind of you want? and how many you can buy ? only use for home ? How big your property ?

Thanks

Hi , what kind of you want? and how many you can buy ? only use for home ? How big your property ?

If possible we have a communication on skype? mine is alvine.acesee

just install another camera into ur system if u have available with a varifocal lens. no need to run electrical ouy there.

... the moon during night.

Thanks in advance

The moon is good.

I like the moon.

It is RoUnD.

And

Silvery LoOkInG.

I also Like Boxes.

I bought a LiView just for it's BoX!

Boxes are good!

I like boxes...