LE1851

UNIVIEW - IP RANGE

Hi All,

Have got a contract in the UK to install a high-end large residential IP CCTV system. Am just trying to settle on a brand and one of my suppliers (CCTV Direct) here in the UK stocks UNIVIEW kit. I understand this is very high-end kit and the specs are impressive and fits the bill for the design I have created. However, I cannot seem to find much in the way of user/installer reviews. Anyone used it and can give me a heads up?

Happy New Year to all.

Thanks,

Alex

Hi All,

Have got a contract in the UK to install a high-end large residential IP CCTV system. Am just trying to settle on a brand and one of my suppliers (CCTV Direct) here in the UK stocks UNIVIEW kit. I understand this is very high-end kit and the specs are impressive and fits the bill for the design I have created. However, I cannot seem to find much in the way of user/installer reviews. Anyone used it and can give me a heads up?

Happy New Year to all.

Thanks,

Alex

Hi. It is far from being high end.

What is your spec for a high end residential install .... What are you looking for.

Hi All,

Happy New Year to all.

Thanks,

Alex

To echo what Tom has indicated, the fact that there is little user/installer reviews should raise questions.

Installations in the UK need to comply with the Data Protection Act (DPA) which require considerations of Operational Requirement, Privacy Impact Assessments, fit for purpose etc.

Once you have an understanding of pixels on target (DODI), this will point you in the direction of the required technical specification and thus the design.

Cyber security is growing issue (see DPA and latest advice from the security agencies) so this also needs to be considered in the selection of manufacturer and network design.

Hope this helps

Hi All,

Happy New Year to all.

Thanks,

Alex

Hi Alex ,

Not high end but easy to install and setup, the cameras have excellent resolution, I have been using the Avtech product at home and have just added another IP network thought I would give the Uniview a try "price" and all good.

The Uniview website has all the manuals they also have cloud-based config options for the user and also shared config for installers.

The mobile apps are "not bad" however I do prefer the AVTECH eagle eyes.

I DO NOT SELL OR INSTALL THESE SYSTEMS, I am just a self-install user

Regards

I have used hundreds of UNV (uniview) cameras with our software and think they are very impressive, both in fit and finish, webUI and picture quality.

I am really curious about the word "High End" What does this mean?

I have used hundreds of UNV (uniview) cameras with our software and think they are very impressive, both in fit and finish, webUI and picture quality.

I am really curious about the word "High End" What does this mean?

Hi it means a lot ....... op is looking for high end ... uni is not also hikvision..... look how simple it is to get past .... put serial No for recorder or camera on a forum ... and someone will generate a password which over rides admin.

Put a system like that into a store or gas station and bad staff can switch it on or off..... remove footage stop it from recording..... even lock out the owner of the system........ that makes a system useless for high end application

Uniview hasn't been in the uk for very long, and try and keep it off Ebay etc unlike hikvision where it is available all over. so finding any reviews on it will be difficult.

I've used it on a number of installs and the kit is great to work with.

The picture quality is better than the hikvision equivalent and setting up for remote access is a breaze and takes 10 minutes.

I use both hik and univew hence why I compare the two and with the current changeover of the hik-online to hik-connect the EZview app for uniview is great and can be connected to multiple devices if the customer wants it on the phones.

Uniview hasn't been in the uk for very long, and try and keep it off Ebay etc unlike hikvision where it is available all over. so finding any reviews on it will be difficult.

I've used it on a number of installs and the kit is great to work with.

The picture quality is better than the hikvision equivalent and setting up for remote access is a breaze and takes 10 minutes.

I use both hik and univew hence why I compare the two and with the current changeover of the hik-online to hik-connect the EZview app for uniview is great and can be connected to multiple devices if the customer wants it on the phones.

Hi. It is still oem hik ..... and anyone who uses quick setup is leaving themselves to problems

Hi all,

Many thanks for your replies.

I've ended up going with Samsung Wisenet III kit for this job, as it has a reputation and I've worked with it before.

However, I'm considering getting some UNV kit out on demo, since it seems to offer a lot for the money and what (little) reviews I have found, seem to suggest its very good.

Alex

uniview has a good picture quality plus it saves 65% of data storage compare with hikvesion , since it uses its own compression , but u will be limited with their own cameras and their own equipment , interface and mobile app is so much slimier to hikvision app .,